Monday, 20 February 2012

Collective Haul: Lush, Primark, New Look, H&M etc...

I've been doing a fair amount of retail therapy over the few weeks and I think it is about time that I show you what I have purchased. I have been putting off and putting off this post because I kept thinking, oh what if I buy something else after I post it?! But I have just decided to do this before I forget what I even have bought! A couple of weeks ago, I did my first order from www.cheapsmells.com and then last week I was in Glasgow to do a little shopping with my friend. There is quite a lot to get through so I'll just get cracking.


Boots
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - Shade 2 Light (£4.19)
I just picked up my regular concealer again when I was in Boots because I had almost finished my other one and I didn't want to end up with none at all! I have started it now though.


H&M
Deep cleansing blemish mud (£0.99)
Peel off mask (£0.99)
Wasn't really looking for something like this, but when I saw them I really wanted to try them. The blemish mud has Aloe Vera, Willow and Rosemary in it and is skin clearing so I am keeping it for when my skin feels really bad. And the peel off mask has Orange oil and Vitamin C in it so it refreshes and smoothes the skin (or so it says on the packet). I am really looking forward to trying these out, I haven't ever used any of them before. There were loads to choose from, I was tempted by the chocolate mud mask but I think I would just want to eat that! I'll do a review on each of these when I have used them.


Primark
Mint green cardigan (£10)
Brown cord bracelet (£1.50 reduced to £0.50)
Green velvet belt (£2)
I picked up this cardigan because I absolutely adored the colour and fell in love with it straight away! I don't have anything that colour, I mostly wear neutrals like black and grey and white and just dark colours so it is a nice change, and lovely for Spring. The bracelet was reduced to only 50p so I thought it was silly NOT to pick it up, especially at that price! And I needed a new belt and this one is gorgeous! Like I said, I hardly wear bright colours so again this a nice little change. It is actually a waist belt (not for round your jeans) but I can never get belts to fit so I just got it in size S/M. It's perfect for wearing round my hips!

New Look
Printed t-shirt (£12.99)
Grey knitted tights (£3)
The picture on the left is actually a horrible one - I look all frumpy and shapeless but it was the best I could get. The other one is the same as the one for the cardigan, they go really nicely together. It reads 'Street spirit lives on' which I don't really get but I like the top so i'm not caring! The tights were just something to wear with my school skirt and I really love these - so cosy!

Lush
3 tea tree toner tabs (£0.80 each)
My first ever purchase from Lush! I don't have a Lush store near me and the closest one is about two hours away so I when I was there last week I decided to try it out. I'll do a review on these soon. I've only used one so far.

TK Maxx
Peter Coppola Boar Bristle Brush (£4.99)
I've been really wanting a boar bristle brush for a while now and I finally caved in and bought one. However, two days later I accidently melted it by sitting it next to my straighteners while they were on...

Cheap Smells
Orly nail varnish 'Tiara' 18ml (£2.99)
Aveeno Perfectly Luminous Exfoliating Cleanser (£3.95)
First order from Cheap Smells, very impressed! I love love love this nail polish, I will do a Nailed post on it soon and the exfoliating cleanser is amazing - review coming soon as well.

WH Smith & Asda
Elle magazine (£3.90)
Look magazine (£1.70)
Glamour magazine (£2)
I got Elle magazine because it had a free Soap & Glory mascara in it, a sample of Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation and a discount voucher for Boots; Look magazine because I love all the clothes in it; and Glamour magazine because it had a Chanel foundation sample, skincare sample and another one of the Rimmel foundation samples. I love my freebies!

That's it for my haul - I think I need to cut back on my spending now for a little while! Anybody bought anything interesting lately?

8 comments

  1. I'm the same with th magazines I love getting free samples!!! Especially a full product like the Soap&Glory Mascara :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!

    http://genantrends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cardigan. And I've heard a lot of good things about that concealer too. I wish we have that in US.

    http://urhappybunnie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice stuff what you have girl!!

    kisses from:
    http://self-dressed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice stuff you've got Holly esp the collection 2000 concealer. Can you please do a review? :)
    thanks for the reply and for the follow. Of course I'll follow back xx

    http://makemeuppink25.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the h&m masks! :) i bought some not that long ago and they were so good!
    check out my blog -
    http://stylecrescent.blogspot.com/

    love from a new follower
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul, i LOVE the green belt! Your blog is so lovely. I am your newest follower. Please check out my blog and follow me if you like it too, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP