Sunday, 12 February 2012

Multi-taskers!

For some reason, I have been using loads of products - but in all the wrong ways. I don't mean that I didn't know how to use them, I mean that I have been doing it on purpose! There is actually a lot of ways that you can use products, and not just the way that it says on the bottle. If you don't know what I mean, then just keep reading and hopefully you will understand!

Vaseline Rosy Lips
As great as this is for moisturising your lips, it also gives a really nice healthy glow when applied to your cheekbones! Sure, you have to blend it out well or you will end up with shiny lines on your cheeks but when done properly, it looks really nice! I just take a bit on my ring finger and gently swirl in circles along my cheekbone. It looks more natural than a powder blush and leaves a subtle highlight too! I think this is great because it means that when you are going somewhere for the day, you don't need to bring a lip balm and a blush with you, you can settle for just this one product.

Olive Oil
Most, if not all of you will use this when cooking but I also use this for one other thing - cleaning my makeup brushes. I mix it in with a bit of gentle shampoo and voilĂ  - soft brushes! Olive oil somehow makes your brushes super soft and smell delicious. And the great thing is, it doesn't even irritate your skin!

Bananas
I love bananas, they are so yummy - but they also make really good face masks! Mash up one banana and apple straight to your face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes, then splash your face with cold water and you are left with soft and radiant skin! Jennifer Aniston actually swears by this, she uses a natural banana face mask every 2 weeks.And she looks amazing! She just turned 43 on 11 February but I would say she looks about 10 years younger than that!

Tangle teasers
There is a lot of hype about these right now, with everyone saying how great they are at de-tangling your mane. I don't actually own one (although I wish I did) but I have used my friends one a few times and I have to agree - they are great! However, they are also good at back-combing your roots because they don't damage your hair as normal brushes and combs would. 

Batiste Dry Shampoo Colour Tones Medium 150ml

Dry Shampoo
Many of us use dry shampoo to refresh our hair inbetween washes but they can also be used to give a bit of volume to limp hair. Just spray under the top layer of your hair, rub in with your fingertips and you are done! Another thing that dry shampoo can be used for is to hold a style. If you use dry shampoo before you style your hair, your hairstyle will last much longer. Batiste and Tresemme both make great dry shampoos.

That's it for my multi-taskers. I probably have more but I can't think of them right now! Do you have anything like this I could try?

8 comments

  1. Picked up the vaseline 'Rosy Lips' yesterday,that is actually such a good idea if you just want it to be natural looking and not to much :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea's! Im going to try the banana's and the tangle teezers sounds like just what i need!


    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find the normal vaseline is great for make up free days when you dont want to wear mascrara but still want long lashes - apply a bit on your lash and voila! Jen xx

    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive oil is great for so many things :)
    I also would like to take the opportunity to invite you to check out my Valentine's giveaway of 2 mini china glaze nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tagged you in my 11 question tag!
    http://youralmostalice.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-questions-tag.html

    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. might try the dry shampoo to hold the style longer, as my curls keep on falling out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog, You have a new follower for sure
    Katie xx

    Dreaming of Forever.
    http://dreamingofforeverxkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love using bananas to make face masks. This is a really good post, I like the idea :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP