Thursday, 23 February 2012

Nailed: Grey + Sparkles = Amazing

(left; with flash) (right; without flash)
the one on the right is more true to colour, but you can see the base colour a little bit more
In my Collective Haul post which went up two days ago, I mentioned I had got an Orly nail varnish from Cheap Smells and I have been trying it out with different colours underneath. I have found quite a few good combos, which I might feature in a couple of weeks but I just wanted to show my favourite one. The base colour is Leighton Denny 'Zero Gravity', a gorgeous mid-toned grey. It goes on like a dream and although it does take a while to dry, looks great - so shiny! I loved it before I put the sparkles on top, but loved it even more after!! I love how this looks over the grey because the grey isn't too noticeable but just adds a little something extra to the look.  The pictures show my nails with two coats of the grey and two coats of the sparkles, just so that the colour is opaque and it is jam-packed with glitter. Because it isn't a really dark grey, I think it is great for wearing at this time of year when it is not quite Winter and not quite Spring. What do you think?

11 comments

  1. Love this brand of nail polish!

    http://www.allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the grey colour. Its gorgeous:)


    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty combo!
    i always love anything with glitter or sparkles:]

    new follower here~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! :)

    milinblogi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great! I've worn a similar combination before. :)

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's perfect for this time of year! I usually use OPI, but after seeing this I may start to use Orly :D

    http://my-own-treasurechest.blogspot.com/

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg! I love my nails with simple grey colour, but my friends say that it looks like I've been moving in cement, ahah! Great blog too :) xoxo *

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look amazing! girl done good here hehe xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP