Friday, 9 March 2012

Garnier BB Cream review

This was requested after I featured it in my January favourites post, I am so sorry I took so long to write it!

BB creams are something which I find really interesting. At first they were not common at all and not many people had heard of them/used them but now quite a few brands are bringing them out. I know the Boot's brand 17 have one and No7 does one too but I haven't tried them yet so I can't really compare them to the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream (what a mouthful that is) but what I will do is tell you what I think of this. 

What is a BB Cream?
Most people already know but if you don't, read about it here on wikipedia, or here on some random website.













































What do Garnier say about this BB Cream?

'Is Miracle Skin Perfector right for me? Yes, if you feel a hectic lifestyle can leave your skin looking tired. Yes, if dullness, imperfections, redness, sunspots and wrinkles all seem to add up on your skin. Introducing the Miracle Skin Perfector, inspired by the latest Asian skincare sensation that is already a hit in Hollywood: BB (Blemish Balm) Creams! 

Discover our new all-in-one skincare solution that immediately perfects your skin! The light, non greasy formula gives an even skin tone with a healthy glow, blurs imperfections and redness, smooths the appearance of fine lines, hydrates for 24 hours and helps protect with SPF 15.


Save time with your skincare: in just one step moisturise, unify and brighten your skin.'

What do I say?
I say that Garnier are making a pretty hefty promise when they say that it immediately perfects your skin. It takes a pretty good product to live up to what they claim it is, but that just made me want to try it even more.

The formula: It has a really nice formula. It is light and not as thick a lot of foundations can be. To a certain extent, it feels similar to a moisturiser in the way of it's texture. The smell is absolutely divine, think Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. 

The coverage: Not as heavy-duty as a foundation can sometimes be but I would say it has a light to medium coverage. I still have to use concealer on my spots because they are quite red, but foundation doesn't cover them either so if you don't have any spots then you will get a flawless finish. I have oily combination skin, so this looks absolutely fine on my cheeks, but extremely shiny and greasy on my t-zone. If you have oily skin like me, then I recommend using a matte powder for your t-zone to blot out any unwanted shine. Normal/dry skin however doesn't have to be powdered, but of course you can still if you prefer. The finish is flawless, yet still natural looking.

The feel: It is non greasy just like it claimed, and feels so light on the skin. I feel like my skin can still breathe with this on and it isn't blocking my pores. 

The staying power: Foundation does not last long on me anyway because of my excess oils, but it is pretty average in terms of staying power. With powder it will last an hour or two longer on me but a friend of mine who has dry skin can put this on in the morning and still have coverage nearing the end of the day.

Any extra thoughts: It is a good sized tube as well. It is 50ml, more than your average 30ml foundation bottle. It comes in 2 shades, Light and Medium. I would say that light suits a lot of skin tones, but if you are extremely pale then even light will probably be too dark for you. Medium is more aimed at really tanned skin, so I would recommend the Light shade to most fair to medium skin tones. It is perfect for wearing spring/summer time when you maybe don't want as obvious coverage. As it is coming into spring now, I am wearing this more than I did in the winter so I think I will get a lot of good use out of it in the near future. I have found that the best way to apply this is just exactly like you would with your moisturiser. Use your fingers to blend it into your skin, and then once it is totally blended buff your skin with a brush like the ELF Powder Brush just in case there is any streaks. I don't always do this, it isn't a necessity.

Would I repurchase this?: The answer is... yes, I would repurchase this. It is great value for money at just £9.99. If you are going to try this, then I would recommend getting it just now because it is reduced to £7.49 in Superdrug, see it here. Otherwise, it is £9.99 in Boots here.

Let me know what you think of my review, I am thinking of doing more reviews on here because I don't really do them that often. Probably because they take too long to write! This took me ages, so you better all be bloody grateful!! 

What do you think of the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream (again, why did they make it such a long name?!)

I bought this with my own money and all opinions in this post were my own. I was not paid by Garnier to give a good review.

5 comments

  1. I didn't like the cream at all but I am really pale skinned, it just looked orange on me!

    Www.pret-a-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with everything you have just said! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated this product!!
    http://www.allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard loads of bad thing about this! So glad I never brought it!

    Jazz xo

    http://jazzreallyloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sending me for your nice words on my blog post and for giving me a link to the review :) Oh and I didn't know that Superdrug are selling it for less so thank you for that too! Are you planning on getting any other BB creams? (17? No7? Maybelline?) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP