Thursday, 22 March 2012

Lipswatch: 17 Ultimate Volume Lip gloss 'Very Berry'

Apologies for such a boring post, but I have a 1000 word essay due for tomorrow for my English class, so I didn't have time to write a very fun one. This is just one that I have had saved as a draft for times like this! I promise I will write something better and put it up tomorrow night.


The picture below is the swatch from the Boots website, but don't be fooled by it because it is nothing like this!!
Very Berry 

This makes it look like it is going to be a deep purple, or pink at the very least. But it's not. It is a dark red colour, so in no way are Boots correct!




I do really love this colour, it is a very wearable red. It isn't too in-your-face and obvious, so it can be worn day or night. It doesn't have the highest shine that I have seen in a lip gloss, but you can add a clear coat if you prefer your lips that little bit glossier. It is called 'Ultimate Volume' lip gloss, but to be honest I never noticed one tiny bit of difference to the volume of my lips! All it did for me was give me colour, no added volume in sight. If you are looking for a volumising lip gloss, then I would recommend the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker. This is more of an average lip gloss. The only problem I have had with it is it can bleed slightly, but this can be fixed by adding a tiny bit of concealer all the way round your lips to act as a barrier. This retails at £3.99 in Boots (click here to view).

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP