Saturday, 7 April 2012

My Top 5 Must-Reads


It is a different kind of post from me today -- nothing about beauty and make-up! Today I focus on books and the books that I think are a must read. I have tried to have a range in books so that there is something for everybody but I genuinely LOVE all these books. Let me know if you have read any of them or plan to!

01: 'The Twilight Saga' by Stephenie Meyer
I am kind of cheating and putting all these books down as just one, but ah well. There is absolutely no way that you have not heard of these books, it is simply impossible for these to have gone right over your head. These books are just perfection, they are much better than the films. When you have read the books, you realise how cheesy the film makes it seem and how much bad acting there is but that hasn't stopped me from loving the films too! I have read this series over and over and I don't think I will ever get over my love for these.


02: 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins
Again, I am lumping more than one book in to a category but I am hardly going to list each book as a separate one if you get what I mean? I have only read the first book in this three-part series but even from just that one book, I can tell that this comes in very close to my love for Twilight. I love the really unique story about 24 'tributes' who have to fight against each other. I am going to see the film next week with my friend Emma, and I can't wait!


03: 'The Last Song' by Nicholas Sparks
Yes, this was made in to a cheesy movie starring Miley Cyrus but the book is amazing! I cried at least three times whilst reading this and it is a really good story. The film is quite good, but I much prefer the book. It is just written so well and the story line is awesomely awesome.


04: 'Where Rainbows End' by Cecelia Ahern
This book is really unique in the way that it is written -- it is all in letters, emails, instant messaging and announcements. It is not like a normal book, and that is what drew me to read it for the first time. Cecelia Ahern is a really good writer, she wrote P.S I Love You which I am sure you have heard of (which by the way, is also an amazing book!). The story line is great and keeps you gripped all the way to the end. A definite must-read!


05: 'Confessions of Georgia Nicholson' by Louise Rennison
Once again, this is a whole series (I think there could be ten books, correct me if i'm wrong?) and although it is written for teenagers, I think women of all ages would enjoy this. It is amazingly witty and you might think that it is a bit dragged out throughout ten books, but it is not boring in the slightest. I really like how it is written all in diary entries. 

That is it for my top 5 must-reads! What are yours?
Keep a look out for my top 5 must-sees within the next few days.

6 comments

  1. The Last Song is one of my favourites!
    I actually agree with all this top 5, except ive not read the Cecilia Ahern book.
    Great picks.
    Natalie xx
    youralmostalice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hunger games trilogy - the second is the best in my opinion. I also enjoyed the Uglies trilogy too :)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cecelia Ahern books!
    I've read all the Twilight books, and now I'm waiting to have some more free time, so I can read the Hunger Gmaes ones.

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there... i decided to find out the 'Confessions of Georgia Nicholson' by Louise Rennison whilst reading your blog post. thanks hun.

    http://iypb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post-will try and pick up a few of these :) now following :)
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Looking for book inspiration to help complete my 101 things list! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP