Wednesday, 16 May 2012

My current skincare routine!

I have been meaning to share my skincare routine for a while now - I even had a draft post with the above title and no text in it to remind me to write it but I still didn't do it. I figured it was finally time to do it! Firstly, I would like to make it known that I have oily combination skin - a very very very oily t-zone (mostly my forehead and sides of my nose) and normal skin on my cheeks. I also have mild acne. It used to be a lot worse but the products that I show at the end of this post are what helped to clear it up a bit. My skin used to be so bad, I had a mass of spots across my forehead, not all big ones. Some of them were just like little toty lumps and dots. Reeeeally annoying! I also had a huge cluster of sore ones on each of my cheeks. I do still have the marks from the ones of my cheeks - well, I have marks on my right cheek, and one spot on my left cheek with marks surrounding it. And the thing that I am most delighted about is... my forehead is perfectly smooth! Waheyy! 

Everything in my routine

Step 1 - Remove foundation:
The first thing I do at night to take my face make-up off is use one of these Tesco Cucumber Cleansing Face Wipes. It really doesn't matter what face wipes you use, I like these because they are nice any cheap - only something like 50p! I am not looking for something that is amazing, just something that takes the first layer of make-up off easily. I don't use this to take off eye make-up, that's the next step.

Step 2 - Remove mascara:
I remove my eye make-up using this product by Rimmel. I loooove this because it is very gentle on the eyes which I need because I wear contact lenses on a daily basis (otherwise I would be as blind as a bat, not exaggerating). This doesn't sting my eyes and removes mascara and eyeshadow quickly. You don't need to rub at your eyes either so it doesn't give you bags. 

Step 3 - Cleanse:
Next I get a cotton pad and squirt one pump of my Aveeno Positively Luminous Cleanser on to it. This cleanser is lovely and soothing on my skin. It also takes the remaining foundation left on my skin that the face wipe didn't manage to remove. My skin feels super soft after using this and I do believe this helped clear my spots up a fair bit. It is relatively cheap too.

Step 4 - Tone:
Taking another cotton pad, I wipe the Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner all over my face whilst carefully avoiding my eye area (this stings eyes like a bee-atch). Yes, it does stink of tea tree (now there's a surprise...not). I am not a huge fan of the tea tree smell but I can live with it if it helps to clear my spots. As you most likely know, tea tree is a gods send for spots and blemishes. This toner is no different. It is just wows.

Step 5 - Spot treatment:
I use this cream that was prescribed by my doctor before my moisturiser as it can be drying on my skin. It is very good for healing acne, although it is not fast working. It takes a few months to see some improvements, but after that the effects are pretty rapid. I have been using this for about 6 months, twice daily.

Step 6 - Moisturise:
I use the Superdrug own brand moisturiser because it is cheap and cheerful. It is fragrance free and really gentle for the skin. I wouldn't use this in the winter as it is very light, but it is perfect for this time of the year. It is nothing special, I don't think it has any SPF in it but for 99p, it is not bad. My skin feels as soft as a baby's bum after applying this.

Step 6 - Acne tablets:
The final step is not a product type of thing - it is my Lymecycline tablets. These were prescribed by my doctor. I had tablets before these that I took for about 4 months but they weren't doing anything. These are MUCH better. I have been using them for almost 2 months and already I have seen a massive improvement. You only take one a day, and I tend to take them right before I get in to bed with a glass of water. I really recommend these, unfortunately you can only get these on prescription.

That is everything I use at night. In the mornings I use the same products, minus the wipes, eye make-up remover and tablets. Other than those three, I do these steps in the same order. This is what I have found to work for me but obviously I cannot guarantee that they would work for everybody. The things that I recommend the most are the eye make-up remover, cleanser and tablets. 

That is all for today. I hope you liked this post as it seems to be one that a lot of people do.

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and check back for an answer. Although I know I am really bad at checking back on blogs for replies, so I might just go onto to your blog if you have one and leave my reply on your most recent post.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read this.

2 comments

  1. Great skin routine, i might try and look for this cleanser, sounds great!

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That spot treatment that you got from your Doctor I think I actually used to use that,I remember been put on a cream and gel one for morning and night and it looked very similar to that.Only thing that cleared my spots up and they went for months and unfortunately came back last summer and are now worst than ever.Thinking of going back on it,even if it's drying I can deal with that :) Thanks for your comment too hun,will get that skincare routine up in the next few weeks ;)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP