Saturday, 2 June 2012

Nailed: Graduating Glitter [on pale pink]

This is the first time I have ever tried out this look, but I must say I am quite impressed! It turned out a lot better than I expected it to. I wasn't even planning on doing this, it just sort of happened. My original idea was to do gradient nails with a make-up sponge, but after trying it on one nail, it was a small disaster. One day I will try it again, but for now this is what I will be doing. 

All I did was paint my nails one solid colour (in this case, Nails Inc 'South Molton Street'). This look could be achieved with any colour underneath. I think it would look nice with a teal colour so I will be trying that next! Then I got my glitter nail polish ( Rimmel London 'Disco Ball') and started painting 3/4 of the way down my nail up to the tip. Then once that has dried, 1/2 way down my nail, then 1/4 and then a toty bit at the tip. I think this would work best with a glitter polish that is not solid glitter, just a few bits in it if you get what I mean. If it had to much glitter in it, it would be too difficult to gradually build up the glitter. I'll show you in a picture below because I don't think that explanation makes much sense.

The one I used for this look is the one on the left. On the right is Orly 'Tiara'.

Be careful when you are doing this though because the ends of your nails are really thick with polish so they take ages to dry. This look will also probably chip or peel easily because there is so much polish at the ends but I personally don't care because I lurvs it!

What do you think? Will you be trying this out?

3 comments

  1. That looks lovely. I'm excited to see the teal one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look really cute :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are the nicest graduated glitter nails I've seen, they're so subtle so perfect for work yet effortsly chic! I have tried so many times to do this but I just can't seem to get it right but i'm going to give it another go after seeing this! Love this post :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP