Sunday, 3 June 2012

Well hello June -- My May Favourites

Well I don't know about you, but the month of May literally flew in for me. Now it's only 3 weeks and 5 days till I go to Spain (yes, I am counting down the days). I am so excited for Spain - excited for the tan I am going to get anyway! I love it because I tan so easily. I am really quite fair in the winter but as soon as the sun comes out - BAM! My inner tanned goddess comes out! Eeeeeeeek, I can't wait!

Because I have been saving up for my holidays, I have been on a spending ban for most of this month meaning none of my favourites are newbies to my collection. There are a few make-up bits and pieces that I need to pick up before I go though, but for the most part, I have done pretty well with saving!



Left to right - St Ives apricot scrub, Natural Collection lipstick 'Rose Bud', green Bare Minerals eyeliner

the scrub blended out
Garnier BB Cream : I have gotten back in to using this lately as I think it is a really good alternative to foundation for the warmer months. It feels much lighter on my skin than a foundation does and I really love the glowy look it gives me. It is a little bit too dewy for my oily skin so it does need powdered regularly but I can put up with that because I love it. £9.99 from Boots.

Natural Collection Moisture Shine lipstick in 'Rose Bud' : I really love this colour for my lips because it has a gorgeous shine to it and the colour is lovely. The colour suits my fair-medium skin tone really quite well and I love how it isn't matte. It has a very natural shimmer to it and the best part is it was about £1.99 from Boots. (doesn't seem to be on the website)

St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub : This is just the travel size that I have but I am definitely going to pick up the full size next time I am in Boots. I got this one in Asda for about £1.2o and I think the full size is £3.99. It leaves my skin looking so radiant and healthy. I am not going to go in to too much detail here as I am planning on doing a review on it soon. And apparently it is the UK's No1 face scrub!

H&M Vanilla Bean lip balm : This smells good enough to eat! It is really moisturising on the lips and was a measly £1.5o. Bargain of the century! (not on the website)

Arrow Head Necklace : I got this after I saw it on fantasyshopper.com ages ago. I love it, and it goes with basically everything. It is really long and I think it really finishes off an outfit nicely. £5 from Matalan. (not online)

Maybelline Dream Lumitouch highlighting concealer : This does a fabby job at concealing and highlighting my undereye cirlces. It is basically a cheap dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat, but it conceals too (the YSL one is just a highlighting pen). £6.99 from Boots.

Bare Minerals Big & Bright green eyeliner : Annoyingly, this doesn't seem to have a shade name anywhere on it but it is a really nice eyeliner! It glides on soooooo easily, is a beautiful colour and the little sponge smudger thing under the cap at the bottom is very nifty and useful. I think it really suits brown and hazel eye colours (oh yeah, i'm hazel-eyed). Online, the green colour isn't there but there are 5 colours to choose from if you are interested. £13. 

A couple of human favourites for this month are...
Taylor Swift : I have been really loving her music this month and listening to it non-stop on my ipod. I am a huuuuge Taylor Swift fan, and this month was no exception. I think she is simply stunning (I have a bit of a girl crush for her...)
missglamorazzi (on youtube) : She was doing this thing on her youtube channel where she uploaded a video every second day in May and they were all great! She is gorgeous, and her beauty videos are fab. I couldn't get enough of her this month!

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP