Wednesday, 18 July 2012

Batiste Original Dry Shampoo *review*

To give you all a break from me going on and on about my holidays I decided on reviewing a dry shampoo today. 
(On a side note, I came home from Spain on friday night/early saturday morning and I wish I was still there! The weather here is the worst, it is more like winter but autumn temperatures. It's horrible! Seriously, go onto the BBC website and type in 'South Ayrshire' into the weather bit and you'll see!) 
The one I have here is the Batiste Original Dry Shampoo. Since it is called 'original' I am automatically assuming that this was there first ever dry shampoo released, am I right? This is the second dry shampoo I have ever tried - the first being the Blush dry shampoo, also Batiste. I bought the Original one for around the £2 mark in Asda aaaaages ago, but it is still available.




I took these photos whilst I was in Spain, thought they would turn out nicer than taking them in dull weather!

Packaging
---------------
Simple, but I quite like it. It is nothing particularly fascinating but alright as far as aerosol cans go.


Product
-----------
I am pleased to announce that this works very well on my hair and refreshes it when need be. I wash my hair every two or three days but sometimes the roots just need a little bit of jazzing up so I just spritz a tad of this in and rub it in, and voilĂ ! 


Feel
-------
I find that it feels much less chalky in my hair compared to the Batiste Blush dry shampoo. Once it has been rubbed in, you can barely feel it at all.


Finished Look
-------------------
It leaves my hair look clean, fresh and volumised - what more can you ask for? It does take a little bit of the natural shine out of my hair, but I can live with that if it gives me better looking locks.


My Rating
---------------
I give this product a 4 OUT OF 5 because I like the overall look but it still doesn't replace washing your hair (obviously). I don't think I will ever reach 5 out of 5 for a dry shampoo so this is as close as its gets for me!


Do you have any dry shampoos you can recommend?

2 comments

  1. This was the first dry shampoo I've ever tried and I liked it, although I think I prefer the scented ones as they have a bit more oomph x

    ReplyDelete
  2. im using this right now!! My hair is such a nightmare atm !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP