Monday, 30 July 2012

L'Oreal True Match Foundation - my new must-have?




 The above two pictures aren't showing the foundation to its true colour. it is slightly darker than this.

I seriously need to stop buying foundations. This one however, was kind of a necessity, as all my other foundations are too light for me now that I have been on holiday. Well, they match my face colour almost perfectly but I look crazy with a pale face and sunkissed everywhere else. My face simply just doesn't tan, which is extremely frustrating. The problem is, I buy an foundation, use it for a while, get sick of it, and then buy a new one. I have a box full of unfinished foundations at the back of a drawer. I can't resist the temptation of the Boots make-up stands. So much for trying to save for two of my friend's birthday presents and a day trip to Belfast next weekend when my sister visits. 

However... whilst browsing in Boots the other week, I subconsciously drifted over to the L'Oreal stand. For weeks I have been researching online for a new foundation - reading reviews, looking at swatches, searching for the best prices. One of the ones I had come across was the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. It had pretty good reviews on the Boots website. What was really annoying though, was how hard it was to find a decent review of it online. I couldn't find many bloggers that had written about it. So when I was in Boots that day, I decided I might as well just get it while I was there, and then I could do my own review on it, whether I liked it or not. As it turns out, I love it!

The shade I have is N5 Sand. This is one of the darker shades, because I want it to match up to the colour of my neck and chest. If it were later in the year, I would go for a lighter shade. There is quite a good shade range, especially when you consider the usual drugstore foundation shade ranges. There is much more of a range than, say, Bourjois. It has light to medium coverage, yet it still looks and feels totally natural. You can build it up to get more coverage, yet it never looks cakey. One of the things that I really love about this foundation is how unbelievably easy it is to blend into the skin. When L'Oreal say its 'super-blendable', boy do they mean it! Even though it is quite dark for my face, which you can see when I have it dotted on before it is blended, once blended in you would never know it. It also makes it hardly take any time at all to put on all over my face, so it would be a great foundation to use if I am in a rush (which is often). I think it will be great for when I go back to school, as it will help me get ready a bit quicker (which in itself, is a miracle). I have an oily t-zone, yet it never melted off after half an hour like many foundations I have tried do. It isn't too shiny, it seems to turn the oil into a nice glow. I believe this would be suitable for all skin types, even dry skin. I had a dry patch on my cheek for a little while and it didn't cling to it. It is fairly long lasting, longer than all foundations I have tried. I'm not guaranteeing you could put it on in the morning and that would be it there all day, but it does definitely last till mid-afternoon on my skin. I highly recommend this foundation, it may even be the first ever foundation that I repurchase! How's that for a good foundation. 


Where to buy:

5 comments

  1. Nice review! I haven't seen these new True Match foundations in my CVS yet. We still have the older ones in the tiny bottles. :( This looks really interesting, though! I'm glad you mentioned how it works on oily skin, I'm oily/combination and a lot of foundations will melt off my face.

    How is the shade selection? I tried L'Oreal's Dream Match Lumi and couldn't find a good color match. I'm hoping I don't have the same problem with this one. Their colors tend to run really yellow and don't have enough red undertones for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holllyyy, i was actually gonna purchase this one the other day but i whimped out and stuck to my usual haha. Next time your coming over to belfast im seriously gonna come up and meet you !!Make sure and visit the 4 story primark and the newlook is amazing!
    Is there a colour like seriously light its almost white? that rhymed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review hun, this sounds great I think my mom might have this so steal it from her to try out :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also did a review on this product on my blog check it out, i agree with the repurchasing! x x

    http://500daysofchloe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to swear by True Match foundation. I think I must have used it for about 3 years! However for some reason suddenly it didn't suit me anymore. Maybe my skin changed? However I think 3 years still gets it a good thumbs up! ha. Great review hun x
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP