Saturday, 1 September 2012

August Favourites

I don't know what's wrong with me but this is my first favourites posts for a good while. The last one I did was May which I know is really bad but for some reason there was not anything that stuck out to me as being AMAZING for those months that I absolutely had to blog about. This month though I am getting back into the swing of things and gone back to my usual self. A couple of new buys and few rediscoveries this month, just a nice mixture.

Simple light moisturiser

No7 Blend and Contour brush

No7 Creme Touch face powder

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain 'Honey'

Argan Magic Intensive hair oil

Company magazine

I've been meaning to get the Simple moisturiser for so long that this month I finally just knuckled down and bought it. It is really really good and my skin feels so soft afterwards! I've had the No7 eyeshadow brush for a little while but I never really properly tried it out but now I have and love it! It's good for all different things - applying base colour, contouring the crease and even blending concealer. Also by No7, I have loved this pressed powder. I only got it about a week ago so even though I haven't been loving it for that long, I had to include it. My skin doesn't look cakey AT ALL with it, you can't even tell I am wearing powder. It mattifies my super oily t-zone brilliantly and lasts for ages on the skin. Really really impressed! And the Revlon Just Bitten balm stain has also only been mine for 1 week, but I adore it too. The colour is simple gorgeous, the formulation is great, it has amazing staying power and I just really like the packaging. I much prefer it to the regular lipstick bullet form. This argan oil has been a life saver for me this month. It only cost £7.99 from TK Maxx, you get loads of product and it totally tames down my frizzy mane (which, trust me, is pretty damn hard to do). And finally, Company magazine has been a firm favourite for August, and June and July actually. I just feel like you get a really good quality, well written, jam-packed magazine all for a measly £2. It's great! Plus, how gorgeous does Whitney Port look on the cover?!

Another favourite has been Pretty Little Liars. Before August, I never watched it at all, and now I am totally caught up with the American showings. So that's season 3 episode 12 as of this week!

I think I will have reviews coming soon on quite a few of these products - everything but the magazine - so keep your eyes and your oranges peeled! (hahaha, I saw that on the internet once. I love it.)

If anybody has written a post on the Revlon Just Bitten balm stain thing (I never know what to call it, such a long name) then link it below because I am trying to decide what other colour to get. I need to see swatches!


2 comments

  1. ive been wondering weather or not to buy the revlon balm stain for a while, this sealed the deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP