Monday, 27 August 2012

Mini Boots Haul

I went shopping today with the mother which of course means that I bought more makeup that I don't need. I just can't resist the temptation of those gorgeous cosmetic stands that shout out "Half price!" or "Save £2!". I bought a new foundation, which is the one thing I definitely don't need. I only just bought my L'Oreal True Match about a month ago. There is something about buying new makeup that really cheers me up. It's very therapeutic! So now I am in a good mood, and I am not going to burst my bubble by thinking about how much money I spend on makeup per month.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain £5.99, normally £7.99 (offer on just now)
No7 Creme Touch Powder £4.50, normally £9 (on offer)



I got this powder in the shade '12 Honeymilk' which is actually a tiny bit too dark for me but it is fine once it is blended into my skin. A lot of the No7 makeup is half price just now because according to the woman in the store, they are getting new packaging in soon. £4.50 is really good for a No7 product, I would have paid that for a regular brand like Rimmel, and No7 is a really good high quality brand. Not too shabby. 


As I said, I did NOT need a new foundation but i've been lusting over this for absolutely ages and I decided to just get it. I got the shade '220 Natural Beige' which is a tiny tad too light but with that powder over the top and in the winter when my skin is paler, it will do just fine. My skin is combination - normal on my cheeks and an oily t-zone - so I got the one for combination/oily skin.

Something weird going on in this picture, the writing looks like it is smudged and the colour is strange. Damn my rubbishy camera.


I had £11 worth of points on my Boots Advantage card so I jumped on the bandwagon (sorry for the overused phrase but it is just so fitting for this product) and got this whilst it was on offer. It meant I would be using less points than if I waited to get it. I got 'Honey' which is a stunning mauve toned colour. It's gorrrrrgeous. 

Not a huge haul, I know, but I would say I did pretty well. Two of the things I bought were things I have been humming and hawing about buying for so long, it was time I knuckled down and spent the money. All three things will be reviewed soon, keep your eyes peeled for that! The lip balm stain thing will probably be reviewed first, it's the easiest to write about. God, I am so lazy...

5 comments

  1. Think I might have to go look at that half price No7 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul hun :) The Revlon looks lovely and yay for Boots points always worth saving them up :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use Revlon Colourstay but then I found Vichy Dermablend make up and I love it. Revlon Colourstay is fab though its exactly like Estee Lauders Double Wear but half the price x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Lovely blog :)
    I'm a new follower, would you like to follow me back?

    http://makeupandlondon.com

    xx
    Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP