Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, hollylikestoblog!

Tumblr_ma4xowakli1qkmsleo1_500_large

Happy birthday hollylikestoblog! I can't believe it has been one whole year since I started blogging. It feels like just yesterday that I wrote my very first blog post, rather than exactly one year today! True, I haven't been the most frequent blogger out there, sometimes my posts are just a day or two apart and sometimes I can go a whole week without blogging but keeping up a blog is quite a bit of work (which I am sure a lot of you with blogs will agree). They take a lot of time and effort, what with designing them and writing posts and taking pictures of products.

It is costing me so much too! I have spent so much more money since I started writing my blog and reading others. There are just too many tempting things out there and when I am have a little innocent browse in Boots, I see something on the shelf and think, "Oooh I saw this on so and so's blog, I better try it out too!" Blogging makes you so much more interested in all the new products and part of the job is trying out the newest releases to see if they are worth the hype.

I truly enjoy keeping up my little baby so it doesn't bother me too much how many people read it. Whether it is 1000 or 1, to just know that at least someone is interested in what you have to say means so much! I love reading all the comments, I literally jump in the air when an email comes through on my phone to say someone has left a comment!

I am really proud of how much I have managed to achieve in the last year, and I hope that my blog continues to grow and progress throughout the next year. Hopefully on September 18, 2013, I will be sitting here writing a post about hollylikestoblog's 2nd birthday!

This year I have achieved:
- 154 followers
- 6681 page views
- 464 comments
- 112 publishes posts (including this one)
- Set up a twitter account specifically for my blog (@hollylikes2blog)
- Met one new person who I can happily call my good friend! (Rachel from http://handfullofdaisys.blogspot.co.uk/)

Thank you to absolutely everybody who follows/reads my blog. It really does mean the world!

1 comment

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP