Sunday, 28 October 2012

Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Treatment Gel

Spots are my weakness. As I am sure a lot of people will agree, when you have a spot on your face you feel like everyone is looking at it and it is all they can see. And while this is most likely not the case, I can't help but do everything I can to disguise them when they are in a really obvious place. My fringe does hide any on my forehead (which is awesome) but around my nose and mouth is a tiny bit harder to cover with hair... Last week I had a GINORMOUS spot right on my lip. It was nasty. I hate spots that sit right on the edge of my top lip, they make my lips look swollen and horrible. And they really hurt every time you move your mouth!

So, with a purpose of finding a miraculous cure, I set off to Asda to buy something that would hopefully calm it down as well as any other spots on my face. I seem to be having quite a bad month just now in terms of spots. My face seems to breaking out quite a lot, and not just at THAT TIME OF THE MONTH either. I also bought a face scrub in Asda which I shall review soon as well.

Also available in Boots and Superdrug.

The other product I picked up was Clean & Clear's Advantage Spot Treatment Gel. I think I may have used this a good few years back but I can't really remember how I got on with it so I decided to give it another try. And besides, it was reduced to just £3 (from £4).

Clean & Clear say: Immediate action. Helps reduce spots within 4 hours. Helps keep spots away*
*with daily usage
How to use: Apply the invisible gel directly on this spot. Suitable to use under and over make-up, whenever needed.

Let me just start off by saying, DON'T USE THIS OVER MAKE-UP. It literally just ruins all your hard work from the morning and wipes all the foundation, concealer, blusher and whatnot off. I ended up with a circle of my face that was a slight different colour because all the make-up had been rubbed off that area. It made my spot appear more prominent. Not a good look.

As for "helps reduce spots within 4 hours", LIES. Pure, utter, LIES. Feeling quite happy with myself knowing that my spot would be reduced in just 4 little hours, I applied the gel to the monstrosity of my lip and not so patiently waited for it to take place. Hence my disappointment 10 hours later when my spot looked exactly the same as before. At least it didn't look any worse, but it didn't look any better either. I also found it dried out my spots a little bit. Some people say that is good because it helps them to heal quicker but it just made my make-up sit very unattractively over it.

Reading reviews on the internet, I have found that there are a lot of mixed reviews out there. Some people say it worked wonders, others say it made their spots worse or did nothing at all. Sadly, I fall in to that nothing at all category. But you never know, maybe you will be in luck and it will work for you. It's worth a try as it isn't especially dear but don't expect any miracles.

4 comments

  1. Try the PanOxly cream, its available over the counter and is what my doctor used to prescribe me even though you don't need a prescription it get it... It was a life saver for me. x

    https://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was disappointed with this too, but I started putting it on my spots before I go to bed and leaving them to dry out overnight, and that really does help them :)
    Great review
    Bex xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my HG spot treatment product, when I apply it at night, it's made such a difference by morning. I guess different things work for different people :(

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really wonderfull blog post. I noticed this blog further more useful information. Thanks for sharing your useful views..... Reclaim PPI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP