Saturday, 27 October 2012

I am going to Nepal!! (in 2014)

I only just thought not long ago that I could maybe write about this so since I have a little bit of free time tonight I am going to knuckle down and do it. (Whenever I hear that, I always imagine someone with really long arms that touch the ground so their knuckles are just dragging along behind them. Don't worry, you don't have to tell me I am weird. I already know.)

I have known about this for about a fortnight now so it is pretty impressive that I have been gloating about it every day considering how EXCITED I am. Soooo... I'm going to Nepal! 


Nepal is in the Middle East, round about India I. Obviously living in Scotland puts me good bit away from Nepal so we would have to fly to Kathmandu. The time difference will be quite a lot as well, I'd imagine. It will be a 3 week expedition in the summer of 2014 which is quite a while away but keep in mind the whole thing has to be fundraised! It is £3200 per person and there is roughly 17 (ish) people going through my school so that's over £50,000 that has to be raised! Hopefully we will manage to fundraise it all (and more).

Week 1 will be the 'Charity Phase'. It hasn't been finalised quite yet so we don't know what it is we will be doing but it could be anything from helping to build new classrooms and schools for local children, teaching the children in the schools or even installing water systems in the local area. We will also be bringing school supplies with us, like pencils and notebooks, which our rucksacks will be loaded with (ughhh I can just imagine the weight on my back) to give out when we are there. 
Week 2 is the trekking week. We will be climbing up mountains in the Himalayas, possibly the Annapurna,  for around a week and camping = no washing for a week. Yum. Bet I'll smell great after that. 
Then the final week is our 'recreation' week. We can basically do whatever we want (as a group). I fancy going to the Chitwan National Park which is a safari park where we would get to go on a safari ride on an elephant and wash the elephants too! How cute. I love elephants. I think they are my favourite zoo animal. Random piece of information about me there!


Annapurna mountains
Himalayas
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
I will keep you updated with what's going on probably, mainly because I am so excited about it and I want somewhere to share it with! I know it is not really anything to with what my blog is about, and it is anything but a glamorous trip!! To think that next year I am going to New York, one of the fashion capitals of the world, and then a year later will be trekking through the Himalayas and teaching school children! It is like a gap year all crammed in to 3 weeks. 

On a side note, Halloween is next week! Despite Halloween being on Wednesday night, my school is having the party on Tuesday. I have a love/hate relationship with Halloween. I love dressing up and going to a party but I think the whole thing can be quite tacky. But never mind. Any excuse for a party, as I always say! I'm dressing up as an angel. I only just ordered my outfit tonight so it better come in time, I don't know what I would do if it didn't! I'm glad the party isn't on Wednesday because I'm going to Tyler Hilton's concert then at King Tut's in Glasgow. I'll do an OOTD for that sometime next week, I think I am wearing a new leopard print peplum top with black jeans and my tan wedge shoe boots from New Look that I love so much. 

This is my costume, bought here for £9.99. I'm going to stitch a lace panel at the bust though because it is a little bit too revealing for my taste... The wings are beautiful though.

5 comments

  1. You are going to have soo much fun. I went on an exchange program to Australia two years ago and can honestly still say it was one of my most memorable and exciting experience ever. Nepal sounds really exciting though (THE HIMALAYAS!) :-)xx
    Shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous! I ave always wanted to visit nepal, and I hopefully will when I finally get to travel! I bet you'll have the best time of your life! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This trip sounds AMAZING! I'm really jealous! :D

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, for initiating to collect money to help needy people here in Nepal.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP