Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Nailed: Monochrome Spots

Black and white are two colours that, for some reason unbeknown to me, I have always loved together. I don't know what it is, but I love pairing the two contrasting colours together. It's like going back to basics - simple yet chic (so totally love that word).

And that was my inspiration for my nails today. Something that would go with everything, yet still not be boring and look like I just flung it on. It did take a good while to do - although I was watching a movie at the same time which may have factored in the time frame - but I reckon it was worth it.









17 Fast Finish 'Nightshade' // Avon Nail Experts French Manicure 'White' // Avon Nail Experts Peeling and Brittleness Solver

I applied 2 coats of the black nail polish, then dipped my nail dotting tool in to the white nail varnish and then finished off with one coat of the clear nail polish. I don't think that is meant to be used as a top coat, most likely as a base coat, but I run out of mine last week and this was the only other thing I could use. 
This nail dotting tool is an actual lifesaver when it comes to creating spotty nails. I honestly couldn't do it without it. I bought my pack of 5 here for only £2.19. Each of the 5 are double-ended, so it really is a bargain. They are all different sizes to create different sized dots, whatever your preference. After you have used one, clean the end with a bit of nail polish remover on a cotton pad and then use again! Brilliant, just brilliant. 
I am totally in love with this look. I wore it once before and I received more compliments on them than I ever have before with my nails! The woman at the till in New Look said she loved them, as did my geography teacher and loads of people at school. I just love it when people comment on my nails! 
I think I will be wearing spotty nails more and more as the weeks go on. You can wear them to suit any outfit, just switch up the colours to match! But personally, this monochrome look is my favourite. As we progress in to winter, I don't want to wear too many bright colours on my nails as I feel that is more suited to spring and summer, so this is perfect for transitioning in to the colder season. Not that that will stop me from going all out with neon nails or anything. 

What's your favourite nail look for winter?

P.S Quite impressed by how my photos turned out for this post, what do you think?! 

9 comments

  1. They look amazing! I really must invest in a dotting tool, I keep using hair grips but they're a bit hard to control! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! x

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing! :) - you have a great nail shape by the way
    (and i love your new blog design, how pretty!)

    Sarahsocksx.blogspot.co.uk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey awesome collection and pretty good nail art and shape..like your top...For more please visit Slip, trip and fall

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is lovely. Ive just followed. I love your nail art. My hands arent steady enough to make them look this good lol!
    FASHIONPROJECT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such great nails!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc. essie and more! it's worldwide too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP