Sunday, 7 October 2012

September Favourites 2012!



Oh. My. God. No wayyyyy is it October already. Like, whattttt. Wow. This year has gone so unbelievably fast, I don't like it! I want things to just just slow down so I can register what is going on around me before it is over and done with. One thing that is just totally baffling me is the fact that I am already almost halfway through the school year, feels like just last week I was complaining to you guys that I had to go back to school soon! Oh dear, now I have just realised that in 2 and a half years, I will be finished high school completely and will be moving on to university. Now THAT is such a scary thought.

Ummm... right. I guess I should get back on topic. I have a good range of stuff in this month's favourites (but there isn't that much there so that's not hard), as well as some movies and songs and whatnot too. Can't be bothered taking pictures so you will need to make do with some recycled ones from previous posts and some from the lovely land of Google Images.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination Skin
- How could I not have tried this before?! It is incredible, my skin just looks soooo flawless after using it. It is quite a full coverage foundation but applied right, it doesn't look too much. It isn't cakey at all and just sits really nicely on my skin. Although my oiliness does come through a bit after a little while, it is no where near as bad as all other foundations I have tried. I won't be replacing this in a loooooong time!

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara
- I am not really a huge Max Factor fan. I think I have only ever had a couple of things from there before, one being a foundation (Xperience or something along those lines?) that I really did not like at all. I saw this on an advert on the TV and I needed a new mascara anyway, so I just thought, why not? Pleased to announce that I do in fact LOVE it. Heaps of volume, length AND curl - what more could you want?


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
- Think this was maybe in last months favourites as well, but I loved it so much that I had to include it again. It really brightens up my face and the colour is just gorgeous. And it is surprisingly moisturising too, it doesn't settle in to the ever-present cracked bits in my lips (which is a hard thing to find in a lip stain). Love!



Please ignore the lipstick swatch, thank you!
Maybelline 24Hr Colour Tattoo 'On and on bronze'
- This is just such a gorgeous colour. I wasn't sure if this was going to be a bit much if it was worn all over the lid but it looks stunning. It last super duper long too so the name is totally appropriate! It's not too dark for day-wear but it could also easily be worn for nights out. Amazing! And a total bargain too...

Vera Wang 'Lovestruck'
- My mum's best friend gave me this because she got it as a Christmas present last year but she didn't like it. Apparently she was planning on giving me it earlier in the year but she lost it (as she does with everything) so this was her just finding it in September. It was too girly and sweet for her taste, so naturally she thought of me! And I have to say, I do love it to bits. I already have Princess by Vera Wang which is amazing so I had high hopes for it. ("He's got... hiiiiigh hopes. Hiiiiigh hopes." You know the Frank Sinatra song? Can't help but sing that, Louise always sings it in her videos on youtube.)

Taylor Swift 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
- There is just something about this song that is really really catchy! I have been listening to it non stop this month and within a day of it  being released, I knew every single word. I think that is maybe a hint that I listen to way too much music... Her new album, 'Red' ,comes out this month (22nd to be exact) and to be perfectly honest, I have never been so excited for a CD in all my life. I should maybe just have put Taylor Swift in as one of my September favourites, I just love her so much. OK, now I sound like some creepy stalker person.

Monte Carlo Poster
'Monte Carlo'
- As cheesy as this movie is, I really really enjoyed it! It's a Disney one (aren't those always the best?) but it isn't one of those ones that they showed on Disney Channel like Princess Protection Program (which I do love too actually) but it was actually in the cinema last year, I think. Yes, the acting is bad and yes, it is not the greatest story line but it is just a nice feel-good movie. I loved it so much I even watched it twice.



how cute did my brother and I used to look, d'awwww




My wall
- This was my project for the other night and I am really pleased with how it turned out! Ideally, I would have had it in another corner of my room as along with my bookcase, it now looks super crowded in there but I already had a photo collage thing up on the wall so I wanted my other stuff around it. I want a big notice board that I can put things on but this will do till then. I have train tickets, cinema tickets, old photos, the newpaper articles that I wrote when I did my work experience at my local newspaper and even a signed photo of Chris Hoy. Cool, right? I met him years ago and got my picture taken with him, feel so special.


1 comment

  1. Great post, i really want to get the colour tattoo's!

    http://thefashiondistrictnlc.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP