Tuesday, 6 November 2012

October Favourites

Dark Red (Red) Teen Red Heart Print Dress | 253715061 | New Look
Couldn't get good pictures of the dress and jacket because it's dark outside and I need to rely on
artificial lighting. Pictures were taken from New Look and Topshop.

Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Scrub
Benefit High Beam
Benefit Erase Paste
Asda Skinsystem Cleansing Lotion
BCBG 'Fearless' bracelet (link is to black version, can't find white in Macy's)
Fake Links of London friendship bracelet (link to a similar ebay seller)
Topshop leather jacket
New Look dress

Cannot get my head around the fact that it is November already! And 50 days till Christmas! Where does the time go? And since we are now 5 days in to November, I realise that I am 5 days late doing my October favourites. Oops. To be fair, I have had a busy week. I was at a concert on Wednesday in Glasgow and there was fireworks on Saturday night for Bonfire Night, also known as Guy Fawkes night, which I think is just a British tradition. I then stayed over at one of my best friends houses, Laura.  Also present was my other two best friends. We had a little mini party there because we were meant to be going out for Laura's boyfriend's birthday but change of plans. Fair to stay I felt like collapsing and puking all yesterday. Ahem.

Moving on before I admit to anything I don't mean to.
This month, I had quite a bad breakout of spots on my face so I set off to Asda on a mission to find a miracle spot treatment. I picked up Clean & Clear treatment gel (review here) which did not do the trick but I did find one little beauty. The Clearasil face scrub claims to make skin visibly clearer within 12 hours and although this is not the case, after around a week of using it twice daily, my face has remarkably improved. I shall do a review soon.
Benefit High Beam has also been a necessary part in my morning routine to wake my face up a bit. This is just a tester size but I might buy the full size when this is done.
I also got back to using Benefit Erase Paste under my eyes. I used this for a while last year and then got a new one for my Christmas last year and then never really used it. After running out of my undereye concealer, I broke this bad boy out as I had nothing else and found that I do in face love it.
I have also been using the Asda cleansing lotion because I needed a new cleanser that was just really cheap till I got a chance to buy a better one and at a mere £1.80, this was an absolute steal. Turns out I adore it! It leaves my skin so so so soft and clean. I use it after my face scrub, morning and night. Just a quick sweep across my face. It is free from parabens and fragrances so it doesn't break out my skin look fragranced products tend to.
Next, my friend Emma brought me back a BCBGeneration bracelet from her trip to New York in the October holidays. She brought back this bracelet, which I have worn every single day since I got it.
I especially love wearing with my fake Links of London friendship bracelet which my mum's friend gave me. She is always buying them to sell in her shop, and I have one in basically every colour but the black is my favourite.
I have been loving wearing dresses casually lately and I have worn this one so much you would think I would be sick of it.
And my leather jacket which does have a detachable fur collar which I haven't worn it with yet but I think it is getting cold enough to whip it out. I LOVE this jacket. It goes with everything and just makes any outfit look amazing.

2 comments

  1. Lovely favourites, the dress is really pretty :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this jacket to !! xx Love your blog xx CD x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP