Sunday, 18 November 2012

OOTD: Stripes Day for Children In Need

As I am sure you are well aware, yesterday was Children in Need day so my school had it's annual 'spots and stripes' day to raise a bit of money for the charity. I'm not a huge spots and stripes kind of person but I was shopping last week and saw this stripey jumper in Primark for only £6 which would do the trick just nicely.

If you don't know (if not, what planet are you from?!), Children in Need are a charity designed to raise money for children all over the world to get them in to better living conditions, better education and generally just give them a better life. If you want to read more about the organisation, visit the BBC Children in Need website here. Every November, there is a massive national fundraiser with schools all over the UK taking part as well as indivuals and other companies. There is also a televised show on the day with singers, celebrities and this year, Olympic athletes taking part (even Tom Daley, yum).

So, by just donating £1 at my school, we were allowed to dress down in our casual clothes rather than our uniforms as long as we had on spots and/or stripes. Of course some people went all out but I went for the more subtle look that actually looked really quite nice.


Actually so much nicer in person
Image from Topshop website
Jumper - £6 Primark
Owl snood - [roughly] £4 Primark
Jeans - £? River Island (price unkown, bought them in the Boxing Day sales 2 years ago and they're still going strong)
Belt - [roughly] £1 Primark
Pudsey badge - £2 for pack of two Boots (money goes to the charity)
Boots - £ Topshop

I was so cosy all day in my big knitted jumper. It is definitely going to be a must for those really cold days in winter. That would probably include today actually. It is freeeeeezing outside. Pity the jumper is in the wash.

Totally unrelated but can you believe it is only 38 days till Christmas?!?! That means just 42 till my birthday as well!

Oh, one final thing! Almost finished, I swear... Let me know what you think of my new blog design. Made the header all by my little self and I am really proud of it! The whole shabang took me ages this afternoon but now it is all finally complete and I love it. Please tell me you love it too!

3 comments

  1. I love the polka dot nails. Very cute. :)

    www.serendipity-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new blog design looks lovely especially your header. Your nails look so cute!
    Shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! love the nails too. Keep it up! More power. the family international songs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP