Wednesday, 2 January 2013

13 Resolutions for 2013

I always follow the tradition of making resolutions at the beginning of every new year, however they never seem to last more than a few months (just me??). This year, however, WILL be different. I WILL stick to the plan and improve on last year. 2012 was quite a good year for me but I am hoping 2013 will be even better. Hopefully my resolutions will aid that desire.

2013 Diary; Next

1. Kick my exams' asses. 
Apologies for putting it so bluntly, but I have my Standard Grades in May/June time this year and I really really really want to ace them. Plus my brother got straight A's in them 2 years ago and I can't let him do better than me.

2. Don't be such a lazy git.
I sit on my ass far too much! I need to get up and do more and stop being such a lazy [beeeeep]! When the weather improves, I plan on going out for walks and being more active. 

3. Eat healthier.
I eat too much chocolate and not enough fruit and vegetables so I plan on changing that. I know I have been gradually putting on a bit of weight over the past few months and I'll be fat if I carry on like this.

4. Learn to live a little.
I am too boring. I need to learn that it is okay to try new things and have a bit of fun rather than just putting things off and not agreeing to anything. I just feel like my life would be so much more enjoyable if I could just learn to say 'yes' every once in a while. 

5. Don't be as shy.
Similar to no.4, I think this would make my life better. I am an incredibly shy person and it just gets in the way of a lot of things and honestly, the amount of opportunities I miss because I am shy!! 

6. Open up more to people.
Incredibly similar to not being as shy, but I am making it a different point anyway. I don't open up to a lot of people and tend to keep things bottled up rather than talk to people about anything. I really struggle with telling people how I feel about something, probably something to do with my awful shyness.

7. Keep a diary.
I think this is such an interesting way of documenting my life. Then, when I come back to read it in 10 years time, I can remember exactly how I felt when something happened rather than just the occasion. 

8. Get my blog to 250 followers. 
I am at 183 currently, which I am incredibly proud of, but I strive to get more people reading my blog. I am incredibly grateful for every person that follows me, it amazes me how people WANT to read about my boring, generic life. Not that I'm complaining.

9. Blog more.
My posts are far too inconsistent so I want to maybe aim to get a couple of posts up per week rather than 4 one week and then none for a fortnight. I hope that maybe making myself more consistent will attract a few more followers. 

10. Continue to grow my hair.
I really want to have longer hair so I am going to try to not get bored of waiting and end up cutting it short.

11. Worry less about what people think of me.
I have a bad habit of doing this and I think it can often ruin situations. I simply need to care less.

12. Keep my room tidier.
This is such a boring resolution but it's a genuine one. I know how upset it makes my mum when I don't listen to her and leave my room a mess. Also, for someone who detests mess, my room is untidy an awful lot.

13. Get a job.
I desperately need a part-time job to contribute to my spending obsession. I never seem to have any money when I desperately need it which is so damn difficult for a teenage girl. 

6 comments

  1. Nice resolutions, hope you can make them true :)

    turquoisedreaam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with your exams :)

    naomijadex5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like good resolutions(;
    +good luck with your exams, i hope you ace them!
    ++ i really love your blog design, i havens been blogging much so i only just saw it, haha. (:

    http://sarahsocksx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award on my blog. Accept by creating your own post. :)

    http://springcircle.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/sc-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm these would seem a lot similar to mine (if I made any this year! haha) I'm super shy as well and get really awkward around people I don't know. It's awful. I'm nearly 30, you think I'd grow out of it but I haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP