Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

Oh. Turns out I am still alive and have not disappeared off the face of the Earth, despite the fact that it has been over 3 weeks since my last post. I'd love to say the reason for that is because I have been so busy and have had not a minute to spare in my hectic, 15-year-old life but that would be lying. Truth is, I am a lazy sod. 

So, to come back with a bang (yes, I am that big headed about my writing skills) I will start off with a review which I have been putting off for so long that I have now finished one whole bottle of it and am half way through my next. And it takes months to finish a bottle. Yep, it's Liz Earle's famous hot cloth cleanser that has everybody drooling on their newly-perfect skin. 


Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

 "Our beauty essential is the foundation of fabulous skin. An award-winner, voted No.1 by some of the world's top beauty experts, Cleanse & Polish is perfect for all skin types whatever your age.

"A rich concentrated cream that gently removes daily grime and make-up, even stubborn mascara, to leave skin clear, smooth and exceptionally clean. Used with the pure muslin cloth it lifts away dead skin cells, revealing fresh, radiant skin.

"Naturally active ingredients include cocoa butter to soften, smooth and moisturise. Rosemary, chamomile, hops and eucalyptus tone, sooth and purify."

I absolutely adore this cleanser. I will admit, however, that I didn't like it when I first purchased it back in the summer last year. I felt like it made my already painful spots worse, despite the countless rave reviews I had read that said how much of a lifesaver it was for acne-prone skin. I now believe that it was just a coincidence because when I made the brave decision to go back to it around September time, I didn't have a problem with it. I reckon it was just a bad time for me with spots. I go through different stages of acne; not too bad for a few weeks then awful for a few weeks and then back to the beginning. Although it doesn't work to totally clear my acne, I do see an improvement when I use this.

I also cannot describe how amazing it makes you feel. My skin is left feeling soooo smooth, it is like a baby's bottom. You just feel really clean after using it and it has the ability to remove every single trace of make-up. I tend to use a face wipe first though to remove all my make-up as then the muslin cloth is cleaner and looks nicer and you also need to use less product.

It smells heavenly too. It is totally naturally fragranced which is what makes it suitable for acne-prone skin - any artificial fragrances and I would be breaking out before you could even say "go". 


"Cleanse & Polish is a 2 phase process.

"Phase 1 Cleansing: massage gently onto dry skin over your eyes, face and neck to purify, soften and stimulate circulation.

"Phase 2 Polishing: rinse the pure muslin cloth in hand-hot water and wring out before gently polishing off the cream. Finish by splashing your face with cool water.

"Use morning and night, follow with Instant Boost Skin Tonic and your choice of Liz Earle moisturiser. 

"For all skin types."

It was such a weird thing to get used to, rubbing it in to dry skin when you have make-up on. You end up with giant panda eyes and swirly, patchy foundation which looks pretty hilarious. It's also the first time I have ever cleansed using a muslin cloth and I have found that I really like it. It helps to achieve a really good clean of your face and has the added benefit of easy exfoliation too. If you buy the starter kit, it comes with 2 muslin cloths so you don't even have to go to the bother of buying them seperately. 

The hot water opens your pores to allow your face to be thoroughly cleaned so it is just as important to splash your face with cold water afterwards. This ensures that your pores are re-closed and no dirt or bacteria get in them and cause spots. 

I hope that helped a few people at least, if you are silly enough to have not yet tried this miracle worker. I also have the Instant Boost Skin Tonic, which I got for Christmas, so I will probably do a review on it too sometime soon. Let's try and not wait months before that one, shall we?

1 comment

  1. I've been suffering with acne type spots lately! You'd think by 18 they would sort themselves out right :(
    Great post you have a lovely blog I'd love you to check out mine if you have the time xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP