Friday, 5 April 2013

Red heart nails

What an exciting name I have given this post. To be frank, I couldn't be bothered thinking of something that sounded halfway decent so I went straight to the point and told it how it is. It is true, my nails are red with a heart on them. 




How cute is this design?! I was inspired by a picture that I saw on Instagram (follow me: @hollymckie_) because I follow loads of people who just post cute nail designs because I am that sad. I really know how to spend my time well. It was actually a Valentine's Day design but I loved it so who cares?! It was surprisingly easy to do as well, with a method which I came up with myself in my own little noggin (that's your head, for any of you non-Scottish folk). 

Numero uno: Paint all your nails apart from your ring fingers one colour. I chose Nails Inc St James because I really liked the idea of the contrasting white with the red heart, but you could choose any colour you like.

Numero dos: Paint your ring finger in a colour with contrasts with the colour you used for the other nails. I used an Avon french manicure white but again, you could use any colour. White and black would work well with most colours but a bright would look equally lovely. 

Numero tres: Paint a small heart on your ring fingers using a kirby grip/bobby pin. To do this, I put a blob of red nail polish on a piece of paper, dipped the round tip of my hair grip into blob and dabbed two dots side by side of my nail. I then added another dot slightly below these two dots, right in the centre of where they were, if that makes sense. And then finally, I used the kirby grip to join the bottom dot up to the two upper dots. 

Numero quatro: Seal with a top coat for added shine and longevity and you are done!

TA DA! You have super cute nails. I hope my description was easy enough to follow. If not, you could always google how to paint a heart on your nails and I am sure you would find a better step by step guide. Probably one that doesn't count in Spanish for no apparent reason. 

7 comments

  1. Aaaah! Super lovely nails!! *_* I love the color and the little heart! ♥
    Kisses!!

    http://gardeninshadow.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might try this later they're so cute! I'm a new follower and have nominated you for the Liebster Award :)

    Love Georgia xo
    (its-georgia.blogspot.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, going to give it a try! I've been looking for a really nice shade of red, this one looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the little heart!!! :*

    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!!!
    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.gr/2013/04/landing-no32-giveaway-win-new-look.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! What do you think about following each other with GFC and Bloglovin? Let me know I follow back
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP