Monday, 12 August 2013

A teeny tiny Boots haul

After an optician's appointment that was far too early for my liking and choosing some nice new Karen Millen glasses (which I will show you all when my prescription lenses have been fitted), I managed to squeeze in a little bit of retail therapy time today to pick up a few bits and pieces.  I'm only showing the stuff I got in Boots but just so you know I also bought a black shirt in H&M for school starting next Monday (boooo) and a sweatshirt thing to wear on my Silver Duke of Edinburgh practise expedition which also happens to be next week (jumper from H&M too) but they aren't that exciting.  I'll stick in the links to them on the H&M website later on in the post if you fancy a wee nosy but clothes are that difficult to photograph well that there wasn't much point in going to the bother.  And anyway, the beauty buys are far more exciting, are they not?!




Apologies for the rubbishy quality of the photographs today, I was too lazy to get a proper camera out.

Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion (Fragrance Free) 300ml - £5.10 (reduced from £7.65)
I already have a smaller tube of this which my sister gave me whilst I was visiting her in America and I love it but I thought I wasn't going to be able to find it easily once I got back to Scotland...until I saw it today!  I use it as a face moisturiser because I'm on Roaccutane and 3 weeks in, I still have no dry skin!  I think it is meant for your body but oh well.  Once I have finished my treatment I will probably use it on my body because it is truly lovely.  Sinks in so quickly, non greasy, doesn't break me out and quite cheap too!

Boots Conditioning Nail Polish Remover - £1.30
I run out of nail polish remover the other day and since I work in a restaurant, I'm not allowed to have any nail polish on my fingers.  I'm working tomorrow so it was necessary to get this. 

Tresemme Freeze Hold Hairspray - £2.79
This isn't my usual hairspray, there is another one from Tresemme that I like but it was over £5 in Boots whereas I bought it in Asda for £1 something so this will do for the time being!  After I have used this I will probably go back to my usual.  I would have stuck with the Boots own brand one that was only £1 but the smell made me gag, it was rotten.  No thank you, I would not like my hair to smell like that.

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint - £3.99 each (current offer for buy 1, get 1 half price on all Barry M nail polishes!)
I have wanted to try these out for so long and this is me finally getting around to buying it.  I got the colours 'Pomegranate' and 'Plum', two absolutely gorgeous shades.  The picture really does not do it justice.  I love my gel manicures but they are so expensive so maybe this will be a good alternative for me!  No way are they going to last as long as proper gel manicures (at least two weeks) but for that price, I'm sure I can suffer it!

H&M Black Stretch Shirt - £12.99 (very slim fit so you may need to go up a size, I had to)

Couldn't find the sweatshirt online but it was just a magenta plain, oversized one that cost £5.99. Very cosy indeed. 

Let me know if you have tried the Barry M Gelly nail polishes, I won't be able to try them for a couple of days until I get a day off work so I wanna know what I'm looking forward to!  


No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP