Thursday, 15 August 2013

Morning Skincare Routine ♥

Since I have now been on Roaccutane for just over 3 weeks now, I have really been making sure to keep my skincare routine simple and moisturising.  Roaccutane has a common side effect where it gives you very dry and sensitive skin.  Since the skin on your face is already the most sensitive on your body, it is increased in sensitivity when you take this medication.  So far, I haven't had any dryness on my face or body (I have, however, had incredibly dry lips) but I'm not sure if that is down to the fact I am on a low dose for just now, my night-time moisturiser is very good or if I am just plain lucky.  I am leaning towards the low dose thing for just now.  My dosage doubles next week though so I am prepared to turn into a scaly reptile.  As I said, I have therefore altered my routine slightly recently to keep it as simple as possible, ever since I was almost due to start Roaccutane so that my skin would get used to it.  I use minimal products on it and a good moisturiser at night so hopefully that will help to keep the dryness at bay as it seems to have done so far.  Therefore, I guess you can consider this to be a skincare routine for dry, sensitive skin as well as one for people on Roaccutane!




Soap & Glory Face Soap and Clarity - Despite the name of this product including the word 'soap' in it, it is technically not a soap.  It is a 'high-tech, non-drying foaming facial wash , formulated with complexion-friendly non-drying easy-rinse surfacants.'  Yes, it really does say all that on the front of it.  They really want to drum it into your head that it is non-drying, don't they!  It is the soap part of face washes that dry your skin out, and all the nasty chemicals, so without them, it makes it perfect for sensitive skin!  It leaves your skin looking lovely and bright once you have used it, and it really helps me to look more alive when I have just woken up.  The gentle exfoliating beads are great too, you can barely feel them when you are lathering so you know it isn't irritating sensitive skin at all.  In fact, this may be the best face wash I have ever tried.


Clinique All About Eyes - I really don't want around my eyes to get dry because that could be quite painful and uncomfortable, especially since I am a contact lens wearer.  This eye cream is just heaven, it makes the eye area feel so soothed and cool.  It also happens to help makeup, particularly undereye concealer, sit beautifully on your skin with no creases in sight.  This is just a mini pot that I got in a Clinique set but I think I will probably buy the full size once I have used it up.  Plus, it can't hurt to start with the creams that prevent wrinkles this early, can it?!


Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer - So far in my Roaccutane treatment, this has been enough to hydrate my skin for the whole day but I'm thinking that when my dosage is upped next week I will have to switch to a proper moisturiser in the morning to prevent excessive dryness.  This is lovely, and cheap too.  It works well to keep my makeup on for the whole day with minimal touch ups and it smells just so...clean.  I don't know how a primer can smell clean but this somehow does.


Vaseline Rosy Lips - Since it is the daytime and I don't have to worry about getting pink all over my pillowcases, I can afford to add a little bit of colour to my lips.  My lips have been so dry so I can't really wear lipstick without it looking awful but this gives a lovely hint of colour as well as being so moisturising.  I like that it isn't just the plain, colourless Vaseline.  Makes life a little more exciting.

My night time skincare routine will be coming soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Remember you can now follow me on:

1 comment

  1. I've got the same Vaseline and think it's so useful! Also, I love what they've written on the Soap and Glory Face Wash! Cool to see they have a sense of humour, even if it is just a marketing ploy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP