Friday, 18 October 2013

My Notebook Fetish

My makeshift bookends - 2 body butters and a tin full of my tips from work...

'Keep Calm and Carry On' purple notebook - £1.99 Dobbies
Typewriter journal - $10.95 New York Public Library
Dark green leather notebook - £5 TK Maxx

It has recently come to my attention that I have a small obsession with notebooks. When deciding on the name of this blog post, I googled 'fetish' just to make sure I was spelling it right and the definition appeared on my screen. It appears I have a 'sexual fixation' on pretty notebooks. 'A form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked to an abnormal degree to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body etc' to be exact. I feel slightly uncomfortable now.

I keep on buying all sorts of different notebooks with no real intention to write anything in them. Not only do I have nothing to write in them that is of great importance, but I also don't want to spoil them. Does that sound silly? I'm not sure what one my favourite it, I can't decide between the gorgeous dark green leather one or the super cute typewriter one that I bought in the New York Public Library this summer. It's a close competition. Maybe I'll have the courage to write on the first page in one of them soon but don't hold your breath.

Does anyone else have a 'fetish' for notebooks, or for anything else? (Nothing of the sexual sort, please.)

3 comments

  1. I love collecting notebooks, even though I have no real use for them!
    Glad to know I'm not alone in my obsession :)
    Love your blog!
    Sarah xx
    ballerinasandbuttons.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a notebook fetish as well! Though I think now I'm not going to be throwing around the word fetish as often anymore haha ;) but yeah, I'm the same! All my books are blank and have been that way for a while cause I don't want to "ruin" them as weird as that is
    Honest-mistakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm exactly the same! I have so many! And I can't stop buying them! I love your type writer one btw!

    grannygee.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP