Friday, 21 February 2014

Getting Fit (sort of)


I have decided this is it. This is the year that I will finally become a fit and healthy human being. If you recall my New Year's Resolution post, I mentioned that I wanted to be fitter for going to Nepal at the end of June. I am going on a three-week expedition with some people from school - basically a gap year crammed in to three short weeks. I am super excited to go, it has been a long time coming. We have now spent over a year in preparation and fundraising but I am sure it will be worth it. For more info, check out my blog post on it here from back in 2012.

In order to reduce my struggles on the week long trek in the Annapurna mountains, I decided it was probably a good idea to get some training in. Even the thought of climbing the Himalayas makes me exhausted. As mentioned in my New Year's Resolution post, I hoped to join the gym. Well, I am pleased to announce that I have accomplished this! Okay, so it is my best friend's family membership that I use but it's a start! We currently only go once a week but I am hoping that is going to increase soon because my friend wants a 'bikini body'. We went twice last week - how impressive is that! I really need to buy myself a good pair of trainers because the ones I wear just now are a tad on the small side. On a side note, if you are looking for a good sports bra that it is inexpensive, try Primark. They have excellent ones for just £4 that do the job nicely!

If you are also looking for trainers at the moment, I recommend Sports Direct. They have so many pairs to choose from and at really good prices too. I am undecided between these two at the moment.


Both are really good prices, especially for Nike. Sports Direct have a good sale on just now on their trainers, if you are interested! Let me know which you prefer. I am currently swaying slightly to the left.

As well as going to the gym, I also want to start going for walks. What better way to prepare for a trek than by walking! The above picture was actually taken the other morning when I was out on one. I may also branch out in to running, but don't hold your breath. I go swimming on a Monday night too which is a great form of exercise as it works your whole body rather than one particular area and is also a good fat burner. My problem is I have no motivation to exercise whatsoever. Once I start, I am fine and I even enjoy it but it is the thought that puts me off. Is anybody else like this? 

I also want to try some Blogilates. It look like such good fun! Cassey is simply just a bundle of energy - I don't know how she does it! Again, it's my lack of motivation that has stopped me from doing this yet. Does anybody have any good tips to motivate yourself to exercise? They would be massively appreciated!!

So there wasn't any real point in this post, it felt more like a little catch up. I think I might do more of these kind of chatty posts in the future rather than sticking to boring old reviews. What do ya think - yay or nay?

5 comments

  1. Hi! When it comes to motivation, I honestly just force myself. It sucks at first but soon I get really into it and by the end I'm so happy I did it as I know that to get results you have to be willing to put the work in! Casey is great and her monthly workout posters are great if you don't know what videos to do. I hope this helped some how and I hope everything goes well and you have a great time in Nepal!
    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! I think I am going to have force myself too, I'll never get anything done otherwise!! Thanks for the tip about the monthly workout posters, I will make sure to check that out x

      Delete
  2. I joined track at my school and even though I drag myself through it every day, I've been seeing improvements! I don't think I would work out if I wasn't forced to go every day (it's 2 hours long) and afterwards I feel accomplished but yeah sometimes you just have to force yourself. Try working out after a big test or maybe when you're really stressed to help relieve some of it, sometimes that motivates me more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley, I will make sure to try that technique! I have exams coming up soon so I will make sure to do something active to keep my mind sane haha! I can't believe you do 2 hours of track everyday, that's crazy!! xx

      Delete
  3. You should definitely try Caseys workout plans, they are very effective. And, like you said, she is a bundle of energy and this will definitely motivate you more! Keep up the great job :)

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP