Tuesday, 18 March 2014

The Girl Behind the Blog: A is for Ayla

I have decided to try out something new on my blog this month, and that is interviewing other bloggers. Hopefully this will be a good way for you all to find some new favourites, and it also makes me feel like I am sort of a good person in a way for giving some free publicity to people that I love to read! If you would be kind enough to let me know if you like this idea then that would be fab.

First up is the lovely Rachael from A is for Ayla.

1. Sum your blog up in three words.
Girly, informative and personal!

2. Who inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging 3 years ago. Back then there were a lot less bloggers to take inspiration from. I accidently stumbled across a fashion blog called 'Glam and Grunge' when I was 13 and fell in love! Unfortunately, the blog doesn't exist anymore.

3. Have you met any friends through blogging?
I've met so many fantastic ladies (and gents!) through Blogger and Twitter! For me, the various blogger Twitter chats are amazing for meeting people with the same interests as you, it's so easy and laidback too! Nothing makes me happier than receiving emails through other bloggers! 

4. What's your favourite thing to blog about?
I'm a stickler for a long wordy post, not everyone's cup of tea I know! I love reading and writing Monthly Favourites posts, they're amazing for finding products you otherwise wouldn't have tried. I love personal posts too. Writing about my life is something I do a lot of over at A Is For Ayla.

5. What is your all time favourite product?
I have to say, I never go a day without Batiste's Dry Shampoos. My favourites are 'Blush' and the new 'Oriental'. Not only are they good for refreshing your hair, but they give such a nice finish and texture to thick wavy hair. I can't begin to imagine what I did without dry shampoo before!

6. What is the one make-up item you could never leave the house without?
This is always the hardest question! I'd have to go with Maybelline Falsies mascara. It's cheap yet effective and makes an instant difference to your face! I never use any mascara but The Falsies!

7. Favourite fashion and beauty brand?
For makeup, I'd have to say NARS is my guilty pleasure. It's expensive but in my opinion, worth every penny! Once you've tried their Laguna Bronzer, it's hard going back to anything else!
Fashion wise, I've really been getting in to Urban Outfitters recently. Admittedly, it's not always my style, but as I've become more interested in buying in my Summer wardrobe, UO have come out on top every time!

8. Any hopes for your blog in the future?
Right now I'm just seeing where it's going. I try not to force posts out when I don't feel like it. My blog has always been personal, and that's the way I see it staying!

I would like to say a very big thank you to Rachael for agreeing to be interviewed for my blog - you're a star!

Would you like to feature in my next 'The Girl Behind the Blog' post?
Send me a quick email at hollyjmckie@hotmail.co.uk if you are interested.
More information here.


2 comments

  1. Loved reading this post! Thanks for commenting on my post btw, just checking out when the nail varnishes will be released!

    By the way, I'm hosting a giveaway at the moment, you should defo enter! GEMSIES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this kind of posts. Great interview!

    xx
    http://www.analeote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP