Wednesday, 26 March 2014

The Girl Behind the Blog: Mermaid Hair and Too Much Make-up

I have another interview kind of post for you guys today, this time with the very lovely Emily from Mermaid Hair and Too Much Make-up. Earlier today she posted the same interview questions but with my answers so I recommend that you go have a little look at that here. I just had a little read of it and I must admit, it is so strange to see a picture of me on someone else's blog! I feel famous.

1. Sum your blog up in three words. 
Life, Style & beauty.

2. What/who inspired you to start blogging? 
Other bloggers and youtubers, such as Zoella & Beautycrush, inspired me to start blogging. But I also love blogging as a way of expressing and sharing my opinions.

3. Have you met any friends through blogging? 
I suppose i've met 'contacts' but i haven't been at it very long, and i tend to be a bit sporadic with my posting and replying! Aha, i hope to meet friends through it in the future.

4. What is your favourite thing to blog about? 
I like doing beauty product reviews. I often look up reviews and swatches on blogs before buying new products, so I like the idea of being able to help other people make decisions about products too.

5. You're all time favourite product? 
Hmmm this is a really tough one! At the moment, i'm thinking Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, simply because i'm so impressed by the quality of it considering the low price tag! Definitely going to be my staple mascara from now on.

6. What is the one makeup item you could never leave the house without?
Foundation. If I only had time to apply one product before walking out the door it would be foundation every time. I have quite blotchy, red skin naturally and hate it! When I do have time to do my full face and am going out for the day, I can't leave without taking a powder compact with me. I have a pretty oily t-zone and get so paranoid about looking shiny so powder is a must for touch-ups during the day.

7. Favourite fashion and beauty brands? 
Favourite fashion brands would have to be Primark, Topshop and ASOS. Beauty is a hard one - I think almost every product I own is from a different brand! aha If i had to pick one though i think i'd say Rimmel - their range of products and colours is great and they're super affordable too. If I wish rich and could actually afford to shop there, Illamasqua would be a favourite as well.

8. Any hopes for your blog in the future? 
I hope that I can stick to my blogging and get more regular with posting. I have considered starting up a youtube channel in conjunction with my blog but I hate my voice so I don't think that's gonna happen aha I'd love to get paid for my blogging or become a blogger/writer for companies like ASOS or Topshop. I'd like to work in beauty marketing andPR eventually.

A big massive thank you to Emily for taking part in this with me and taking the time to answer these questions! She will be guest blogging for me very very soon so keep an eye out for that. I will also be guest blogging for her as well which I will keep you all posted about! Now go give this lovely lady's blog a read.


1 comment

  1. Oh your hair is so beautiful! I'm jealous haha, uh-oh xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP