Sunday, 9 March 2014

The Glasgow Shopping Experience

Swarovski, Buchanan Galleries
Boux Avenue, Buchanan Galleries
John Lewis, Buchanan Galleries
Buchanan Street
Lush, Buchanan Street
Train journey home
There is something about shopping in Glasgow that I really really love. I live just over an hour away from the city so it is just a train journey away when I want it. I hope to go to university there one day, in fact. I think it is the atmosphere that I love the most about it. It is sooooo busy, all the time, so if you don't like the hustle and bustle I don't recommend on going on Saturday as I did last week. Maybe try a mid-week morning rather than the busiest time on the busiest day. It was maybe slightly too busy for me - it took ages to walk up Buchanan Street because there was so many people.

Buchanan Street is my favourite place to shop. It has a whole range of different types of shops, from affordable to only available to the super rich - certainly not waitresses like me. My favourites are Forever 21, New Look and Zara, to name but a few. As the only Forever 21 in Scotland, it's a pretty busy shop but I love it. You can't some really good quality items for amazing prices. I have a haul coming soon from my trip to Glasgow that includes a few pieces from Forever 21 (sneaky preview above) so keep a look out for that. I am really happy with everything I bought, even though the trip has seriously reduced my bank balance! There are some things that I just can't resist.

There is some really great places to eat in Glasgow too. There is a lovely Italian restaurant in Royal Exchange Square called Di Maggio's, just off of Buchanan Street, where you can find all of your usual dinners like pizza, pasta, burgers etc. If you go for the pizza, I recommend getting one to share! They say it is for one person but I don't know anyone who could eat a pizza that size all by themselves. When I was in Glasgow last week, my mum and I ate in Charcoals on Renfield Street, the best Indian restaurant IN THE WORLD. Oh my days it was delicious. And so inexpensive! I had the vegetable simosas as a starter and then the Chicken Chasni. De-lish. It's safe to say I needed a lie down after eating all that.

What about you, where is your favourite place to shop?

I am looking for guest bloggers, more info here

4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Glasgow, but from these pictures it looks amazing! I love Liverpool to shop, and I've been to Edinburgh and that was brilliant. London I think is too busy and spaced out - I like it when most of the shops are on two or three streets, with a few exceptions!
    Love your blog.

    cosmoopolitan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day - I haven't been to Glasgow since I was little but from your post, I'm keen to now!

    Fab blog :)

    http://kind-regards-c.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'd love to visit Scotland and it sounds like you had a fab day out! My favourite place to shop is probably either Bath or Southampton as everything is nearby ha! Great post, followed! x

    kittensintophats.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP