Tuesday, 1 April 2014

March Favourites

As March draws to a close, I am sure I won't be the only one not mourning the loss of the colder weather and welcoming the (hopefully) nice weather in the coming month. It's crazy to think we are now into the fourth month of this year already. Time is very quickly slipping away. My exams start at the end of this month. Eek. But it also means I am one month closer to going to Nepal! This month hasn't really been about trying out new products, more like rediscovering old ones. It's been a stressful time, balancing work, studying for my mock exams, finishing coursework in time for deadlines and preparing for a dance show I am in this week so I haven't had a lot of time to go shopping and try out new things. So yeah, life has been pretty hectic recently. Hopefully April will run at a slower pace - fingers crossed. Here is my favourites for the month of March, and I even did things a little different to my usual and included two non-beauty favourites as well just to liven things up a bit. Am I crazy or what.


Beauty Favourites

Avon Advanced Techniques 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argan Oil
My hair is constantly full of knots because as a curly-haired gal I struggle to get a brush through it and when I do, I am left with a frizzy afro. This wonderful hair treatment smooths my hair down without leaving it looking all limp and gross and is a lifesaver on mornings when I don't have the time to use curlers to smooth down my mane (which, let's face it, is every morning).

Soap & Glory Powder Trip
This palette of three full-sized (I think) powders is honestly amazing. It contains a bronzer with two tones, a highlighter and a blush. All three are gorgeous. It is so handy having all of these things in one place and makes my morning routine slightly quicker, which is great for someone who can't get themselves out of bed on time in the morning. I especially love using the highlighter on my cheekbones for an extra glow.

LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub
Not only is this delicious enough to eat straight out of the pot, but it also works really well on dry, flaky lips. It removes all the dead skin and leaves them silky smooth and nice. It also helps that when you lick it off, you get an amazing taste in your mouth. Mmmm.

Benefit Brow Zings
Being completely modest here of course, my eyebrows have never looked better. Every morning, I look forward to using this because it instantly makes all of my makeup look better. The light shade is absolutely perfect for my hair colour, which does mean if you have any eyebrow colour apart from brown, this won't work well for you. I almost got the medium one but I am glad I accidently ordered the wrong colour because this is such a good match. I am thinking of doing a proper review soon so I will say no more for the moment.


Non-Beauty Favourites

'Divergent' by Veronica Roth
I read this a good while ago but now that the movie is almost out in cinemas, I decided to re-read it and buy the other two books in the series. It is even more amazing than I remember. The idea behind it is so unique and well thought out. I'm already on to the second book in the series and it is shaping up to be just as good as the first one. I can't wait to go see it at the cinema.

Douwe Egberts Roasted Hazelnut coffee
I am addicted to this stuff. I really like flavoured coffee and this is one of the nicest that I have tried. It is a quite a small jar for the price but it is lasting ages because you don't need to put loads of it in your cup. If you want to get in to coffee but aren't a fan of normal stuff, this is a good place to start. Now I love all kinds of coffee and can barely function without my morning caffeine fix.

7 comments

  1. I still need to read divergent, it's meant to be so good! <3

    Ellen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! You should definitely try it out soon, you won't regret it.

      Delete
  2. I just got divergent on my phone and need to read it before Sunday!
    I'm so excited!
    Make sure to check out my blog:

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read divergent so i can go see the film! Check out my blog please, it would mean a lot

    wonderfulworldoflilyrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED Divergent so much! I didn't like the following books as much but the first one was amazing!!

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first one is definitely the best but I do still love the other two!

      Delete
  5. Great favourites!

    There's a YSL giveaway on my blog, check it out (:

    http://pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/200-followers-giveaway.html

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP