Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Spring has sprung


I have an exciting announcement to make. Are you ready for this? Today, I went out without a jacket. Yes, you read that right. No. Jacket.

It looks like spring has finally arrived in the West Coast of Scotland. No doubt now that I have said that the sun will disappear and we will be back to rain rain rain. I was out running a few errands earlier and so I snapped a few pictures while I was out on my travels to show you all. I forgot how lovely my quaint little town looks in the sunshine when there are an abundance of kids running around at the park and people strolling along the main street. For such a small town, there were a lot of people out enjoying the good weather. By good weather, I mean that it is around 15 degrees celsius but that is warm for Scotland. I actually saw someone out in shorts and a t-shirt - now that is a tad excessive. I was perfectly comfortable in a pair of jeans, a sleeveless tee and a cardigan.

Would you believe it, I actually haven't edited these pictures at all because I wanted you to see the sunshine in all of its glory. The first few snaps are of my garden, which is actually pretty big as far as gardens in my town go. We have a little summer house with a pond in front of it (the fish actually came out of their hiding places for once - even they are enjoying the turn in the weather) and also a grassy area further down with a little playhouse and lots of pretty trees. There is even a little stream that runs through the bottom on my garden but I never thought to photograph it. The rest of the pictures are of various places in my town. On days like today, I do actually like where I live.

I have just checked the weather forecast for tomorrow and it is apparently going to be cloudy and raining. No sun. Sigh.

2 comments

  1. awesome pictures and great post <3

    http://carolinessecretblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful back garden! I am loving this sunny weather we've been having lately, I hope it continues :D xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP