Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Father's Day Gift Guide 2014

Father's Day is fast approaching and many of us are still scrambling for ideas of what to get our beloved dads. What is about dads that makes them so difficult to buy for? Or is it just men in general? I know I struggle to think of something new each year and he usually ends up with the same old thing. This year I want to be a little more inventive and get him something other than a book and some of his favourite chocolate.

There are some great offers in Debenhams on mens aftershave, with many of them up to half price. These two both have great reviews and according to one woman, the Hugo Boss one is a "masculine sophisticated scent for the sexy man of any age m mm mmmmm." Uhhh, ok. I actually ordered the Calvin Klein one due to the really good reviews which all said it smelled amazing, although none got quite as excited as that particular reviewer.
You can never go wrong with a good ol' wallet. This one from Fossil is a really nice one and isn't too expensive considering it's a designer brand and real leather. The classic design means that it would suit a wide range of tastes.
If you are really stuck for ideas, a mug is always a good place to start. I love this Superman one, it would be perfect for geeky dads like mine! 'A mug for a mug' as my dad always says.
Believe it or not, there is such a thing as a trendy dad. It isn't a word I would use to describe my own father but there are some out there who are not completely incompetent at all things technology and own a mobile phone that isn't from the early 2000s. Sticking with the superhero theme, this phone case is a great, affordable gift that your dad will love.
If your dad loves to read, why not buy him his very own kindle? I own one of these and although it will never fully replace my love for a good old fashioned book, there are some benefits to it. Books for a kindle are generally cheaper than buying a physical copy and there is also a range of free books to choose from. It is also perfect for travelling, especially if he gets through books really quickly and doesn't want to carry a lot round with him. You can also buy one that is like a tablet but that is significantly more expensive, and this one does the trick just fine. You could also maybe buy an Amazon voucher for him so he can buy himself some ebooks. 
I can't say I am very experienced in mens shavers but this one seems like a good one. It has countless five star reviews with an average of 4.8/5 in 38 reviews. No one likes a scruffy dad, do they? The SmartPivot system apparently keeps the three shaving heads close to your skin for a fast and smooth shave. The easy grip handle has an anti-slip coating so no need to worry there, and just one hour of charging gives a full 60 minutes of shaving time. A quick 3 minute charge gives enough battery to last a single shave. Sounds pretty impressive eh?

What are you buying your dad this Father's Day?

-Holly xo
I now have a Facebook page for my blog! Please like it here.

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP