Friday, 6 June 2014

May Favourites

May has been a month of difficult exams, comfort eating and stress-relieving shopping trips. I actually went shopping the day after my last exam as a treat to myself for managing to get through them alive! I spent a lot of money that day to compensate for all the days I missed out on because of studying. Quite a few of the things in my favourites this month are newbies as a result of these pick-me-up shopping days as I finally had time to try out the things that people have been raving about in the blogosphere. Let me know if you have any of them and what you think of them! Without further ado, let's get cracking.

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream
I have been using this pretty much every day in May after buying it at the start of the month when Boots had their 3 for 2 offer. It is slightly too dark for me (I think I am maybe between shades, we all know how rubbish Bourjois is with them) but I find that if I just apply it a little bit at a time then I can build it up to get the colour and the coverage that I need. It looks as natural as foundation can - obviously I still look like I am wearing makeup - but it doesn't look cakey in the slightest. I do get quite shiny with it after a couple of hours as my skin is so oily but it's nothing that a quick powder application can't fix! This is the epitome of summer foundations, in my eyes.

The much-raved about 'brow-volumising fiber gel' is a clear winner this month. I just think this is great. I prefer to have slightly more filled in eyebrows so I use this over a little bit of the powder from the Benefit Brow Zings palette (the light shade) and it really sets them in place so that they do. not. budge. What I love about it is it isn't a really reddy brown as many brow products often can be, and is instead ashy-toned which suits my colouring perfectly. My eyebrows have never looked better!

This arrived in my May birchbox and I instantly fell in love. It is the most gorgeous colour and is perfect for this time of year. It stayed glossy on my nails for days and was pretty chip-resistant which is a must for me with my very thin, flaky nails which break easily. I would have happily worn this for days on end with minimal touch ups but unfortunately I had to take it off for work. 

My love for Bioderma has subsided slightly after using this because it made me realise that I can get pretty much the same thing for more than half the price without having to order it off the internet. After the Bioderma craze that started pretty recently, UK budget beauty brands cottoned on to the trend and brought out their own version and this one is up there with the best. It removes a full face of makeup in less than a minute, including the infamous They're Real mascara which is known for its intense staying power, even when you don't want it to be there. It is so gentle on your skin and didn't cause havoc with my eyes - I can even use it with my contact lenses in so it must be good.

I've had this for a while but I took a break from using it for a little while and only just got back into it this month. It works even better than I remember, possibly because the weather is a little warmer and so a light moisturiser is all I need rather than a thicker one which I tend to reach for in the colder months. I use this morning and night, and I just can't get enough of it. The smell is simply incredible. Read my full review here.
I am in love with this camera. I bought it a couple of weeks ago with the intention of using it for blog posts and also for bringing with me on my trip to Nepal at the end of this month (oh my god I can't believe how soon it is till I go, squeeeee!) and it is really doing the trick so far. It produces amazing quality images if you get the settings right but it is taking a little bit of getting used to. I think I finally have the hang of it though and sort of know what I am doing. It was an investment that was worth every penny. Read a little bit more about it here.

- Holly xo
Follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter and Instagram for daily doses of my hectic life.

3 comments

  1. I've been loving Gimme Brows too! Lovely favorites xx

    Rena Kiss and Make Up // 150 Follower Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely my new favourite eyebrow product! Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love GinZing! I thought I'd lost my tub a while ago but I found it hidden at the bottom of a suitcase while I was on holiday last week so I've been enjoying having it back in my skincare routine again. I've been using the Garnier micellar water too and I'm really impressed x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP