Monday, 2 June 2014

What's In My Makeup Bag

This is my 200th post, hurrah! Who'd have guessed I'd still be here after all this time. I'm not usually so good at keeping interest in one thing. Just as a little change since I am at this milestone I thought I would grant you all a little peak into my makeup bag rather than my usual reviews and whatnot. Surprisingly, I haven't really been writing a lot about beauty in the past month and I miss it, I really do.

I keep my everyday makeup in a makeup bag, currently a Clarins one which came in a skincare set my mum bought, beside my mirror so it is quick and easy to grab in the mornings. Every so often I switch up what is in it but for the most part I keep it pretty much the same. I have all the things I wear everyday without fail and then a couple extra options for when I am feeling experimental (and for when I actually managed to get out of my bed when my alarm went off and don't need to just slap any old thing on and go).

So, in my makeup bag at the mo is:
Benefit POREfessional primer
L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer
Bare Minerals Original SPF15 Foundation - Medium Beige
Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream - 32 Light Beige
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder - Transparent
Collection Lasting Perfection concealer - 2 Cool Medium
Maybelline Fit Me concealer - shade 15
Benefit Brow Zings - Light
Benefit Gimme Brow - Medium/Deep
Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush - Live Pink 
Maybelline The Falsies Flared mascara - Black
Rimmel Glam Eyes Eyeshadow Quad - Smokey Purple
Tanya Burr lip gloss - Aurora
Maybelline Baby Lips - Cherry Me
Collection Deluxe lipstick - Tallulah (win this in my giveaway)

This is quite a lot to keep in my makeup bag but obviously I'm not using it all at once. Most days I either wear my trusty Bare Minerals foundation or the Bourjois CC cream (only just started trying this out but so far so good). I then go in with Collection Lasting Perfection concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes that the foundation didn't cover. I picked up the Maybelline concealer yesterday so I will let you know how I get on with that! I then use the powder from the Benefit Brow Zings to fill in and shape my eyebrows. I use the light shade because even though my eyebrows are relatively dark, I find that the other shades are far too brown and look unnatural whereas this is more ashy toned and suits me really well (review here). I've also been using the Gimme Brow for the past couple of weeks to set everything in place and add a little more colour and definition and it's safe to say I love it! I will maybe do a before and after post like I did with the Brow Zings sometime soon to show you how great it is. If I can be bothered, I use a little bit of eyeshadow, often the neutral colour from this quad, but mostly I just skip this step. After a slick of mascara, blush and bronzer (I use the Solar Powder from Soap and Glory in the Powder Trip Palette but it's too big to fit in my makeup bag), I pick which colour I want to wear on my lips. If I am going for something a little more subtle and moisturising I use the Maybelline Baby Lips which is sooooo lovely, or if I am feeling a little more adventurous I will wear this beautiful barbie pink lipstick from Collection or the Tanya Burr lip gloss which is surprisingly pigmented for a gloss. And that's it! I know it does sound a lot but I find that just using a little bit of everything makes me look presentable and put together without going overboard.

Now for a little chat. Today I started back at school after roughly five weeks off for study leave and exams, which felt surprisingly good (although I wasn't feeling it at 7am when my alarm went off). I think it was the whole getting back into a routine which I have kind of missed. So I started my new class timetable which is the one I will follow for the next year since my exams are complete. I am doing Advanced Higher English, Advanced Higher Modern Studies, Higher Geography and Higher Business Studies (not sure about what levels this equates to in other parts of the UK) although I really hated Business so I have a feeling I might drop it! It was unbelievably dire. I can't believe I'm in my last year of school already, I don't feel old enough to be a 6th year! I am now in the oldest year group in high school, that is one scary thought. I will be applying for university at the end of this year, oh god. Trying not to think about it. Not really succeeding though.

Imminent school worries aside, what's in your makeup bag at the moment?

- Holly xo
Follow me on Bloglovin, Twitter and Instagram for daily doses of my hectic life.

8 comments

  1. Looks like you have a nice little collection there, I don't know if this is weird but I couldn't help but notice that the make up loos so clean. Make-up in the makeup bag seems to be covered in random lipsticks and powders haha.

    31ofMay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! That's not weird, I'm actually pretty surprised too because I'm not the tidiest of people haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great items here! I love Porefessional :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have the same mascara, it's perfect!!

    Isabel
    xoxo

    http://mariquitina.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this post! such a great make up bag :) x I love Real techniques brushes atm they are amazing! so much better than my mac brushes :) x baby lips pink punch is also a fav of mine x




    Sophie Jenner


    My #guessthepolish Competition *Enter Here*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! The expert face brush is so good for buffing in foundation xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP