Saturday, 5 July 2014

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer Review

Primers are such a fantastic invention. Seriously, who came up with the idea? I have been a lover of the Benefit POREfessional for a while now and I still do worship it but this little beauty brings something else entirely to the table. They are so different but equally as great that sometimes I use them both together for an even better base.

The L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer is not something which I expected to like very much. I have quite oily skin so a light reflecting cream isn't usually top of my list. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this out because it not only gives a healthy glow to my skin but it doesn't increase the oiliness. You get that nice shine, not the gross kind. You can see in the bottom picture there that it isn't shimmery but it does brings a great deal of light to your face, waking it up after a long night out on the town (or, in my case, a late night of school work because I left it all to the last minute). I quite like to use the POREfessional first to smooth out my skin and then this to brighten it up and that seems to work really well. Together they help my foundation to stay on my face a lot longer and keep it looking fresh. It doesn't make a huge difference on the staying power when used alone so if that's what you are looking for then maybe this isn't for you. It isn't really about the length of time my foundation lasts with this that makes me love it so much, it's the finish that I get on my foundation.

I actually also use this as a highlighter sometimes after applying my foundation instead of an all-over base. Placing it on the high points of the face, such as the cheekbones and browbones, gives a really nice effect and is a little less subtle than wearing it below. You don't need a lot of it because it blends out really well because of the runny texture that it is, which is just as well because it's £9.99 for 20ml. I think it will last a while though because you can use it sparingly, especially if you use it as a highlighter or don't use it all over your entire face.

In case you didn't pick this up from everything I just said, this is a damn good primer that I highly recommend.


No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP