Sunday, 20 July 2014

Ombre Shellac Nails


I'm back! As you know, I have been off on an adventure in Nepal for the past three weeks and let me tell you, it was the best three weeks of my life. Hold tight, there are several hundred photos and stories to come your way soon.

As a little treat to myself for all the hard work I did over there, I decided I would go and get my nails done in a pretty summery colour. For someone who isn't meant to have their nails painted for work at all (I work in a restaurant), I certainly went all out with the colour scheme. It's shellac so they can't make me take it off, or at least that's what I'm hoping. I went with the idea of just getting a pretty pink or something and then I saw this on the nail wheel and it instantly caught my eye. There was so many colours to choose from but this one was the first I spotted because it stands out so much. Instead of nail polish the girl used a kind of powder over the CND Shellac base coat, applied using what looked like a paint brush, and then blended the two colours together with the top coat. I really love the effect it gives and it's a nice change from just having one colour all over. These photographs don't quite show the intensity of the colours. They are properly neon. I absolutely adore them. The colours are both so bright which makes the blending between them quite subtle. They are anything but subtle in terms of colour but they blend together nicely. From a distance they are just a super bright orangey-pink. I wish you could all see them to the full extent but that will have to do. I tried my best.

If you haven't had shellac before, or any other type of gel nail polish that requires a UV light to set it, I highly recommend that you try it out. It lasts so much longer than regular nail polish - roughly 2 to 3 weeks - and doesn't fade or chip either. It is expensive but it's so worth it. Plus it's always nice to get your nails done for you for a change rather than doing it yourself.

What do you think of my ombre nails?

4 comments

  1. pearsonlaurauk20 July 2014 at 13:06

    I've never thought of asking for ombre shellac. Need to try this! X
    Laura | A Life With
    Frills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither had I, I'm glad they had a sample of it or I would have just a plain boring colour on my nails right now! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely, what a bright colour! And welcome back, sounds like you had a good time!

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love them! Thanks Linda, my trip was amazing x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP