Monday, 21 July 2014

Stress-free Summer Days

Summer has graced Scotland with its presence - it's about bloody time - and with some time off work to relax and recuperate after Nepal, I am making the most of it. I already have sunburn on my legs after sitting outside for just a couple of hours today. That's how you know it's good weather in Scotland - you rarely get the chance to burn. We are usually blue from the cold, never mind sweating in the sun. 

The majority of today was spent in the garden reading Anne Frank's Diary which I am loving. I wish I had started reading it sooner! I have to keep reminding myself that it is a true story and the events of the book really did happen to this innocent little girl. It makes it a really interesting read. I can't even begin to imagine being in her shoes. Then I went for a little countryside walk with my mum and dad along the outskirts of my small, seaside town, which you can see from the pictures above. Sometimes I really do love living here, it's stunning when the sun comes out and the sky is clear. My dad went for a swim in the river, crazy guy that he is, and squealed like a girl the whole time because of how cold the water was. Some things never change, even when it is sweltering outside. 

How have you been spending your summer?

2 comments

  1. I love living in Scotland during the summer, it's so beautiful when the weather's nice! Sadly I've been working, working and working when the weather's been at it's nicest but I have a couple of days of for my birthday next week which I'm very excited for!x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the warm weather is to stay with us for a little while longer so hopefully you'll be lucky on your birthday! Hope you have a lovely few days off work x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP