Sunday, 10 August 2014

Back To School: The Make-up

With the return of school looming, I have been preparing myself (both mentally and physically) for the imminent day ahead. The uniform is purchased (more on that soon) so on to the next important thing - the makeup. All schools are different - some let you wear whatever makeup you want, whilst others prohibit it completely. Luckily, my school isn't strict with makeup so I can do as I please but for the benefit of those who have to go more subtle I have kept this look simple. You don't want to look over-the-top for school anyway, but we all like to feel pretty even if it is just to sit in a lesson.  It's also made up of affordable drugstore products, with the exception of Benefit Brow Zings because I have yet to find a brow product that I like better.
(excuse the hair)

The Look:
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
Collection Lasting Perfection concealer
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder
Maybelline The Falsies mascara
Benefit Brow Zings
Maybelline Baby Lips 'Cherry Me'

Using a BB cream reduces the look of full foundation and looks so much more natural. This one in particular is really good because it does have some coverage and gives your face some much needed life, yet doesn't look completely unnatural. My trusty Collection concealer is a must for school, especially under my eyes from waking up so much earlier than I do in the holidays. It's also pretty amazing at covering spots and blemishes, which unfortunately most of us young'uns suffer from. After setting with the powder to keep everything in place and keep the shine at bay, some mascara can be applied. You can obviously opt out of wearing mascara if your school is strict with makeup because it's pretty hard to hide that you are wearing it, even if you just put on a little. I always like to fill in my eyebrows because they are quite sparse without it but, again, this is optional depending on your situation and personal preference. And finally, a swipe of lip balm across the lips completes the simple look. Maybelline Baby Lips is my favourite, especially the shade 'Cherry Me' because I have discovered you can actually dab a little on the apples of your cheeks and blend with your fingertips for a subtle rosy glow. Saves you money as well because you don't need blush!!

Because my school isn't strict, I often add a touch of bronzer and blush, and maybe some highlighter if I actually got up when my alarm went off and didn't fall back asleep. However, it's really not needed. Sometimes, the simpler the better!

10 comments

  1. My school doesn't like us to wear makeup but they'll never be able to stop us completely haha, I love this look and will definitely be trying it out for school

    www.jessmcguireblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great look for school as it looks really natural. I love the lasting perfection concealer! x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the king of all concealers! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the Dream Fresh BB Cream recently and I love it. It's lovely and light for the hot weather recently and perfect for a more natural look.

    Sammy xx
    daintyowl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it too for those 'no makeup' makeup days xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this post after reading your comment on my post, you're right we do love very similar products! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this natural look! The falsies mascara is my all time fav! :)

    http://xocharleen.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! It's an amazing mascara :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP