Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine in Dragon


Afternoon all! This past week or so has been pretty packed what with going back to school, working and going on school trips, but I managed to somehow fit in painting my nails when I probably should have been doing something more productive with my time. Now that I have my nail wheels from Ebay, it is so much easier to pick the colour I want because I can see what it will look like rather than having to guess from the bottle. That being said, it just reminds me of how many pretty colours I own and that makes it a little more difficult. Either way, I own too many nail polishes.

If there is one brand that is consistently good with its nail polishes, it's Barry M. They are my go-to for cheap and cheerful summery brights, my favourites being from their Gelly Hi-Shine collection, a collection they have been expanding every time a new season rolls around. 'Dragon' is a beautiful barbie pink colour that is bright but not overly-so, making it very wearable for all occasions. Well, the shade name might actually be Dragon Fruit because that's what it says on the Boots website, however my bottle just says Dragon. I'm not fussy when it comes to pink nail polish, in fact the majority of nail polishes I own are pink (I own every shade of it under the sun). This reminds me of Nails Inc 'Brompton Place' which I do have but is old and gloopy now so I should really throw it out. It's too painful to think of doing that to the poor little thing though. The Barry M Gelly-Hi Shines are even better than the normal nail polishes by this brand - they are unbelievably glossy and very chip resistant. What more could you ask for? Barry M's lighter colours can sometimes go on a bit streaky and uneven but this seems to be an exception to the rule and two coats created a perfect opaque finish. I do have many similar colours to this in my collection (see all the pink nail polishes I own here) but this is my favourite.

On a side note, I am going to the Glasgow Caledonian University open day on Wednesday because it is almost application time (eek). I'm kinda nervous about going because it just reminds me that I only have one year left of school now before I venture out into the big bad world and that is a seriously scary thought for someone who detests change. There are quite a few courses that I am interested in applying for there, such as Social Sciences, Psychology and Multimedia Journalism so I'll let you all know how I get on. Wish me luck!


2 comments

  1. Ashley Llewellyn27 August 2014 at 22:09

    Love this color! Their entire gel collection is amazing :) Good luck with university, I'm sure everything will go really well!

    P.S. I tagged you in the British tag, if you'd like to do the tag the questions are here in my blog post!
    http://opaquemoonlight.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-british-tag.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty, isn't it! Thank you.

    Thanks for tagging me too, I'll get the tag done in the next few days :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP