Friday, 5 September 2014

August Favourites 2014


Well hello, September! You just crept right up on us, didn't you. August was a relatively busy month - I went to a few parties, officially started my last year of high school, found out I am going to be an auntie again, and that is just naming a few things. The weather has changed pretty dramatically now as well, and it is finally acceptable to dig out the scarves and boots. Give it a month or two and I will have my big winter coat on that I bought in the sale last year in River Island that I haven't had a change to wear yet. I love winter clothes, the big woolly jumpers, the coats, the darker colours. I am looking forward to sunny, frosty mornings walking to school and Christmas shopping. Yep, I went there. It's almost Christmas.


This primer is fantastic for doing exactly as it says. It makes my skin look so fresh, no matter how much or how little sleep I got the night before. It is slightly glittery but that doesn't seem to be an issue on my slightly oily skin. It does work under all types of foundation but nothing matches it better than the BareMinerals powder foundation. It makes it glide on so easily and with a fuller, smoother coverage. 

I bought my copy off of Ebay but I linked to Amazon because I know not everyone has a paypal account (little tip though, I bought mine for about £2 on Ebay). I haven't finished this yet, I'm not even that far in but I love it already. The fact that it is a true story, and I know what is going to happen makes it such an interesting read and very different to my usual. It's kind of heartbreaking reading this innocent young girls thoughts and knowing that she didn't deserve what happened to her family. I just know I will be crying when it gets right in to the nitty gritty stuff.

'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' game - FREE
My guilty pleasure this month. If you haven't tried this game yet, what are you doing with your life. It's so addictive and completely and utterly pointless but I love it. You have a little character that you get to dress up and you do different photo shoots and events and work your way up to becoming an A-lister. Oh, I could sit for hours playing it but unfortunately you have to sit and wait for your energy to go back up.

Wilko Duo Eye Brush - £3
This gem is possibly my favourite purchase of the month. I use the angled brush for filling in my eyebrows. It's great because it's not too soft and bendy that my eyebrows end up really messy but it's also not too stiff so that they look too drawn-on and severe. Just the perfect combination of the two. The other end is pretty good for blending eyeshadow and applying powder to the crease, although it's not my favourite eye brush ever. It is well worth it for the eyebrow end though because you could buy the two separately for £3 each or £3 for a double ended one. It's a no brainer really.

Coffee
I genuinely cannot get enough of this recently. I have a cup when I get up most mornings, a cup in my free periods at school (we have a kettle in our 6th year common area) and a cup when I get in from school. I think I may actually have an addiction. I have a full cup sitting next to me right now, I'm waiting for it to cool down a bit as I type! I take one teaspoon of sugar and a bit of milk in my cuppa, but maybe I should cut down on the sugar if I am going to carry on drinking this much.

UPDATE: An hour and a half later, I have finished aforementioned cup of coffee and have just this minute made myself another. Oops.

Are you looking forward to winter?

x

17 comments

  1. I've been looking for a good primer and the BareMinerals one sounds amazing! Great post :)

    ANIKA MILLER // UK FASHION
    AND STYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. hannah @ The Braided Bandit5 September 2014 at 17:11

    Haha love that coffee made the monthly list. It definitely makes EVERY month's list for me! Definitely want to try that primer, thanks!

    Have a great weekend :)
    xo Hannah

    http://thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    http://thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for your last year of high school! I've just started my last year of sixth form, scary stuff!!Xx

    http://www.lucy-cole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely recommend it! There are a few different ones if the brightening one isn't for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it every month too but this month it seems to have reached an all time high haha!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! It is really scary, so good luck to you as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the primer it sounds great!


    saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you like silicon-based primers then I highly recommend you try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That primer looks so nice!
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Frank is such a heart breaking read, but it is quite a page turner~ Try to swap coffee with tea instead they have some yummy flavors you might like xxx

    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not going to lie, I hate coffee! I'm a tea gal myself! great favorites

    Allison from mercuteify

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no I couldn't live without my coffee! Although I do like tea on occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited to read more of it! I'm a fan of fruit teas, I might start drinking them more often xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Svetlana Kalinina7 September 2014 at 19:52

    oh, I love coffee too! every day I start with a cup of coffee)

    http://svlnblog.blogspot.ru/2014/09/30-beauty-tips-every-girl-should-know-30.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have something in common then!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great favourites! I read 'The Diary of a Young Girl' a few years ago and i really enjoyed it, its nothing like you imagine its going to be yet it's so fascinating! I also love the Wilko brushes, they are such good quality and so cheap too!
    Natalie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the only Wilko brush I've tried but I'm going back for more because I love this one so much! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP