Friday, 26 September 2014

Recent Beauty Buys


Even though I am pretty short on cash at the moment due to paying the deposit for my holiday to Malia next June, I still managed to scrape some money together to buy a few beauty bits and bobs that were totally unnecessary but irresistible. I haven't had the chance to fully try all of them out yet to write a whole review so I've lumped them together in this post with my first impressions of them.

YSL Shocking Mascara - I bought this from my mum's friend's friend who works in Debenhams and gets to take all home all the extra samples and sell them on for cheap. Therefore, I couldn't resist when I spotted this gem for only £8 in the box and snapped it up! So far I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I find it to be quite clumpy because loads of product comes out on the brush and even when you scrape some off, it still makes my eyelashes stick together too much. I thought that with my Benefit They're Real to start with though and now I love it so I still have hope. Sometimes the mascara has to dry out a little bit for me to like it because then less comes out. We'll see how it goes.

Bare Minerals Original Foundation in Medium Beige - Another purchase from the Debenhams lady, this time for £10. This purchase is justifiable because I use this foundation every single day and have done for a good while now so I know I will use it. I also use the same colour all year round (just use a bit extra bronzer in the summer and it's fine) so it's great to have a spare for when I finish the one I'm on.

Boots Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner - I am running out of my Liz Earle Skin Tonic so I used some of my Boots Advantage Cards points to treat myself to this. I have tried it out once or twice and first impressions are good. It smells really lovely and it isn't harsh on my skin like a lot of toners are because it is made of natural ingredients. I'll be able to write a full review once I move on to using it daily after I finish my Skin Tonic but for now I can say that's it's really nice and a bargain at £3.99.

Collection Work The Colour Lip Butter in Vintage Rose - After being sent this in Perfect Plum by Natalie from Your Almost Alice because I won her giveaway, I went out and bought another colour because I love it so much. The formula is lovely, and feels so smooth on your lips. The colour lasts ages and doesn't dry my lips out, in fact it moisturises them. Super pigmented and only £2.99! Read my full review of Perfect Plum here.


2 comments

  1. Can't wait to hear more about the Botanics toner -- every girl is always looking for a good toner! ;) Xo, Alison


    www.simplyfairbyalisonjeanine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'l be posting a review in probably 1-2 weeks so keep an eye out for that! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP