Sunday, 28 September 2014

Review: Yves Saint Laurent Gloss Volupté in 10 Or Rose

Sometimes, a glittery lip gloss can be a little bit intimidating. It can also be a reminder of those dreadful days when you were young and thought you looked the bees knees with your 'make-up' on when really you were just embarrassing yourself. Yves Saint Laurent have changed my impression of glitter on your lips with their famous Gloss Volupté in 10 'Or Rose'. Retailing for £21 RRP, this is not your average cheap lip gloss. Paying over 20 quid for a lip gloss gives you high expectations and I can imagine you would be seriously disappointed if it failed to meet them.
I guess I'm just lucky then! This lip gloss by YSL is the prettiest thing to grace my make-up collection recently and although it may be expensive, it is really really nice. That's the best way to describe it. It's just... nice. It's a pretty pale pink colour with a fair amount of shimmer in it which sounds like a recipe for disaster but it doesn't give you that dreaded foundation lips look with some sparkle for added measure. It's very sheer, which means it doesn't dramatically alter the colour of your lips, just gives them a nice sheen and some excitement. My attempt to swatch it didn't go well because you couldn't really see much of a colour in the photo so it was pointless including it. All you could see was shine and shimmer. Not only does it look subtle and pretty, it also feels incredible! I keep rubbing my lips together when I wear this because it feels so good. It would look good with a more dramatic eye so that you aren't going too overboard with full-on make-up, but it also suits a more natural look to keep things simple. Being so versatile, it is worth the money. I don't know if I would go out and buy a load of them, but it's a nice thing to buy yourself for a little treat. It would sure perk you up.


No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP