Tuesday, 2 September 2014

The British Tag

Glasgow city centre, taken from an old blog post of mine
I was tagged by the lovely Ashley from Opaque Moonlight which is a blog I adore. It's so pretty (isn't the name of it so cool and inventive) and she does really nice ootd posts if you are interested! Here's a link to her most recent ootd since I love the look so much!!

I'm going to say this before I get stuck in, people seem to always link Britain to English people and discount the Scots altogether. Like, hello! I'm British too! And 'British accents' generally mean an English accent. That being said, I'm not sure if I would still be a British citizen if we become independent after the referendum this month. If anyone knows the answer to that question then do let me know! This whole independence thing confuses me.

1. How many cups of tea do you have a day and how many sugars?
I'm more of a coffee person than a tea person and I have one or two cups of that a day, but if I was to drink tea I would have just one teaspoon of sugar and a little bit of milk. I just prefer the taste of coffee to tea, although I haven't been drinking it anywhere near as long.

2. Favourite part of your roast?
Am I meant to eat roasts all the time because I am (supposedly) British? Because I don't. But Yorkshire puddings, oooooh they give me goosebumps. Yum.

3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
I am just proving to myself here that I am a crap British person because I don't drink tea much, don't eat roasts and hate dunking biscuits.

4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Walking along the beach front eating ice cream from the cute little shop with the guy who shouts 'Hello doll!' everytime I walk past.

5. Favourite word?
I love saying anorak everytime I visit my sister and her husband in America because it baffles everyone around me. They simply call it a jacket or a parka but us British folk like to be different and say anorak. Oh and I also like saying 'cheerio' and no that does not have anything to do with the breakfast cereal. I can't think of any more off the top of my head, there are probably so many British words that I say without even realising that they are British. I saw Ashley put giggle and kettle, do people outside of Britain really not say those words? I say them several times per day haha!

6. Cockney rhyme slang?
Can you Adam and Eve it? = Can you believe it?

7. Favourite sweet?
Those flying saucer things! They are sooo good. They are basically just little rice paper disks filled with sherbet and they come in all different colours. The outside tastes like cardboard but I still love them. If you don't know what they are or have never tried them, I highly recommend you go out and buy some.

8. What would your pub be called?
I am rubbish at this kind of thing, although I did once see a pub called The Pub With No Name which isn't very British but I love it.

9. No 1 British person?
The Queen! I absolutely adore the queen, and just the royal family in general.

10. Favourite shop/restaurant?
If New Look is British then that is my answer. It just has everything you could possibly need and if I ever have something in mind, I can look in there and find it. As for a restaurant, there is one near me that is called The Meridian and it is incredible. The food is delicious (and super cheap) and they have lazy Sundays when you can go in to read your newspaper and eat breakfast food all day long. What more could you ask for.

11. What British song pops into your head?
Always look on the bright side of life, doo doo, doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo....

12. Marmite?
Ew.

I tag anyone who fancies answering these questions, but more specifically Heather, Natalie and Hayley!

3 comments

  1. I agree! Feel free to do it, you don't have to be British to join in! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do say giggle haha but I just always associated that with the British...not sure why, but we don't say kettle that often. Loved reading your answers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Maybe it is a British word, because I am so used to saying things like kettle and have heard them basically every day throughout my life, I never really think about the fact that people in other countries don't say them!


    Thanks again for tagging me :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP