Thursday, 9 October 2014

Autumn Outfit #1: Checked Tunic Dress



















































I really want to start incorporating more outfit posts into my blog. I don't do them very often but I do enjoy them so I don't really know why. I have decided on a series of Autumn outfits to motivate me along so here is the first instalment.

I absolutely love this dress. It is so perfect for this time of year with the darker colours and looks lovely with tights and boots with a big coat and scarf. It could also easily be dressed up with heels and statement jewellery for a party look. For £19.99, it isn't expensive but could be worn for a whole variety of occasions which makes a key piece in my autumn/winter wardrobe.

The block heel chelsea boots are a recent addition to my shoe collection and I LOVE them. I can't stop looking at them! I purposely have them sitting on my bedroom floor so I can just stare at them lovingly. The heel isn't too big that they are uncomfortable to wear or look too clumpy. In fact, they are some of the comfiest shoes I own! They are quite pricey for boots that aren't even leather - £38 - but since they are just so beautiful I am choosing to pretend like they didn't cost that much. They are quite good quality though so I suppose that doesn't make me feel better.

On the bright side of things, October break begins tomorrow!  That means a whole 11 consecutive days off school which is such a comforting thought. School lately has been all uni applications, personal statements, blah, blah, blah. I mean, give me a break. I am sixteen years old and you expect me to know how I want to spend the rest of my life? This holiday will be spent in the comfort of my bed watching cheesy chick flicks, thinking of anything but school. Sounds good, right?


20 comments

  1. This will look so good with a nice warm coat too! I never wear dresses maybe i'll change my mind after this post! You look great in it! :)


    - Annalalee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a nice navy coat that it looks perfect with! Aww thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is gorgeous! :O I actually loved this whole outfit. I can't wait to see the future outfit posts! :)

    - Barrelofsecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute autumn look!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win raybans worth £129! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect fall outfit!

    Amy

    http://chalkdustandhighheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'm glad you are looking forward to them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this dress! It looks gorgeous with the boots. Lovely autumn outfit :) x


    www.mappedoutblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I'm glad you like it xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything about this outfit is gorgeous!
    And yes, watching cheesy rom-coms trumps pretty much anything! ;)

    Sam // www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you!
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! They are my guilty pleasure :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a lovely dress, it's so smart and chic!

    saltandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just come across your blog..... may I just say you have a lovely blog here

    Love your design

    had a great read.. keep up the good work :)


    would be great to see you over on my bog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a great day

    Jade

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That dress fits you to a T! Really like the boots as well.


    You look super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you! I love the boots too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP