Wednesday, 15 October 2014

Five Problems That Only Glasses Wearers Will Understand


It's been a busy few days since I last blogged on Thursday, with little daylight time for taking photographs! With the dark nights creeping in, paired with not getting home until half past 5 at least has taken its toll. Luckily, I was able to take a few snaps this morning while I was free that should last me a couple of posts! The next few days will be spent working and doing school stuff before I return to my normal school routine on Wednesday. Then we don't have another break until Christmas, which I am sure will drag. Oh joy.

So I was inspired by a blog post I read somewhere (can't remember where now) to write about my own issues that come hand in hand with being basically blind as a bat so here they are. In case you were wondering, my glasses are by Karen Millen. Also, please ignore the fact that I am sitting on the floor in the following photograph.

When you go to drink your cup of tea/coffee and your glasses steam up, leaving you unable to see to put the cup safely back down on the table without spilling it | Every morning before I put my contact lenses in, I have my breakfast and a cup of coffee to get me going. Every morning I forget about the issue this causes. Cue waiting it to be just before the lukewarm stage to be able to get your much-needed caffeine boost.

When you forget you have your glasses on and get in the shower, and only discover you are wearing them when they steam up and you can't get out the shower to take them off | Similar to number one, this causes a serious problem because you can't see the door handle to get out the shower. And since you need glasses to see in the first place, you can't just take them off because that provides no help and you still can't see the door handle. This is a case of waving your hand blindly in front of you until you come into contact with it.

When you go out without your glasses on and someone waves from across the street and you don't know if they are waving at you or someone behind you | Do you pretend you didn't see them and keep on walking, only to discover later that it was actually your best friend? Do you wave back regardless only to get a weird look because it was a random stranger waving to their gran behind you? You can't just look behind you to see if there is someone there because your limited eyesight means you can't see them either. This is less of an issue for me now as it would be seriously dangerous for me to go out without any aid for my sight as I would more than likely get run down by a passing car.

When you try to take a snapchat and all you can see is your phone reflected in your glasses , especially at night with artificial lighting | This results in a selfie of you with a picture of your selfie in each lens. What a nice look. Very attractive.

When you lose your glasses and need your glasses to find them | Quite embarrassing really. This happens to me regularly when I take my contacts out at night and forget to look for my glasses before rendering myself blind. I am left fumbling about in my room, hoping for the best. It's also common in the mornings when I first wake up and realise I didn't leave them sitting within reach on my bedside table and have no idea where I left them. This is especially difficult as you know how it is when your alarm goes off and you feel so groggy and crappy and can barely open your eyes because the smallest bit of light burns.

I am jealous of you if you have 20/20 vision and are reading this right now chuckling away at my expense.


14 comments

  1. Haha, this is a great post! I can definitely relate... especially when I leave my glasses in various parts of my room, lots of time spent looking aimlessly for them! Thank goodness for contacts :)


    Sam // www.thatsfetch.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks haha! It's really quite annoying, isn't it! You then have the issue of dropping your contact lens and needing to go look for you glasses to find it haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! This is a great post :)

    What makes you beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you like it, both the post and my blog! That makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I love this post! I can relate to every point.

    Sarah x
    missarahlouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew I wasn't the only one out there struggling haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree! ..would love it of you could check out my latest beauty post xo

    Aliona | fromalionawithlove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, I can completely sympathise with this - especially the last one! My vision is really poor and I'm forever putting my glasses down somewhere, only to realise that I no longer no where they are... but can't see well enough to find them!
    xox,
    Cee
    www.cocoandvera.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's quite reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one who does this! Turns out it is a more common problem than I thought! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this! I totally do number one every single day :)

    I'm having a give away where you can win two EOS lip balms on my blog. Feel free to check it out and enter :)

    http://glassow.com/2014/10/give-away-eos-lip-balms/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post made me laugh! I work long hours so need glasses for when my eyes get tired and strained and more often than not I forget to take them out with me and everyone ends up looking like one massive blob! Love the blog, your writing style is great :)

    Alice ¦ Always, Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad I'm not the only one! Ooh cool giveaway x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww thank you! That made my day :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP