Monday, 20 October 2014

Life Update: Applying for University

So the scary period of my life has arrived and it is time to start applying for university. I can't believe I have less than a year left at school, where has the time gone?! It feels like just yesterday I was preparing to move up in to the 'big school' and start first year, and now here I am getting ready to move on once more. The jump from high school to further education is such a huge one and means so many things will soon be changing in my life and believe it or not, I hate change.

I mentioned before that I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do with my life. Since it was time to write my personal statement, I decided it was also time I figured stuff out. With that in mind, off I trotted to various university open days and I now have my sights set on journalism or something English based. I did consider primary teaching for a while and it does still interest me, but I think writing is my true passion. You never know, I may go back and do a post graduate degree in primary education but for now I am applying for journalism courses. There is a course which I am just desperate to do, but I am not going to tell you what it is in case I jinx myself!

With good exam results from last year that I am proud of, I hope that I do have a good chance of getting in to the course I want to do. I am above the entry requirements which is a good start, but I'm sure I'm not the only one up there. I have to hope that my personal statement and reference from school makes me stand out. 

One thing is certain - I wish I could stay a child forever.

8 comments

  1. It's great that you've figured out what you want to study at uni. It'll be an exciting new chapter of your life. Good luck! I hope you get a place on the course that you want!

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your exams and everything, I hope you get on your dream course! :)


    www,alwaysalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with everything, and remember, everything does happen for a reason!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. It took a whole to figure it out! Thank you so much, I hope so too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! You're right, that gives me a bit of hope!x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow how exciting! Wishing you so much luck with applying for Uni xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP