Saturday, 4 October 2014

September Favourites 2014







Hello October. I can't believe we are already in to the tenth month of the year. Time just slips by without you even noticing, doesn't it! I don't have many plans for October as of yet, apart from going to the Strathclyde University open day in Glasgow to see what it is like. I'll be writing my personal statement this month which is such a scary thought. University deadlines are only a few months away, eek! I have a nice mixture of favourites this month so let's just get started.

Before I Go To Sleep by SJ Watson
Oh I just love this book. I'm planning on writing a full review on this soon so keep an eye out for that. It's not my usual kind of book being a psychological thriller but there is something about it that I love. Because it is so different, I didn't know what to expect but I was hoping for a good read and boy did I get one. Highly recommended.

Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Top Coat
This may not be cheap but it is one of the best top coats I have ever tried. I had it a while ago but my mum's friend gave me it earlier this month because she didn't want it - why, I cannot even begin to imagine. It lives up to its name and leaves with you with such smooth glossy nails. One downside is it takes a good while to fully dry but as long as you don't go and do anything major right after it, you should be fine.

Collection Work The Colour Lip Butter in Perfect Plum (review) and Vintage Rose
I was sent Perfect Plum by Natalie from Your Almost Alice after winning it in her giveaway and it has quickly become one of my favourite lip products with the exception of my Baby Lips. The colour is so pigmented and bright which is not my usual style but it looks great for parties and a more dressed up look. It can also be dabbed on slightly and blended with your fingers for more of a subtle stain, with some lip balm or gloss added on top if you want some shine. It's a really versatile product and isn't expensive in the slightest either. I have conveniently misplaced it at the moment, just in time for this post. After loving it so much, I went out and bought myself another one in the shade Vintage Rose which is a much more everyday colour and equally as gorgeous. Thanks for introducing me to this Natalie!

Forever 21 dress
This costs NINE POUNDS. Wow. I would easily pay double that, at least, for this dress because not only is it just so lovely, it's really good quality too. It's very flattering with the v-neck and fitted waist and can be worn dressed up with heels for a party or a pair of black tights and boots for a more casual day out. I'll do an outfit post with it soon so you can see it on because these pictures don't do it justice. For something so versatile, £9 is an absolute steal.

The X Factor
When it gets to the time of the year that X Factor is starting again, it marks the start of the countdown to Christmas. I love this show and watch it every year regardless. I'm really glad Simon is back this year, even if he is a big softy now that baby Cowell has entered the world. Cheryl Cole or whatever her name is now is also one of my many woman crushes so I am happy to sit in front of the TV screen at the weekend and watch her beautiful face (creepy or what).

Goodreads
I have been really loving the Goodreads website this past couple of weeks. It's a website where you can basically rate/review the books you have read and track your progress on any books you are reading at the moment. You can add friends and see what they are reading and whatnot. You get the idea. It's a really great site for any bookworms like myself for keeping a record of all the books you have read and discovering new ones, and also for newbies who want to get in to reading. You can add me here to follow what I have been reading!


4 comments

  1. Great favourites - that dress is gorgeous and the nail polisj sounds good too, I need a decent base/top coat in my life!
    I'm a new follower btw :)


    Alexandra ♡
    efflorescentdream.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I love the dress too! I need more opportunities to wear it. Yayyy, thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read that book but I have so many books to get through already.. definitely on my list. :) The Collection lip butters look nice too, will have to swatch next time I'm in Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just started Before I Go To Sleep & love it so far :)


    www.jordanalice.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP