Monday, 17 November 2014

Nepal: The Unseen Photos

































In a moment of nostalgia last night, I decided I wanted to flick through my photos from my trip to Nepal. It then occurred to me that I never actually finished showing them to you guys so here is some never seen before photos! (Well, people have seen them but you haven't). There is actually probably some photos in here that I did include in posts before but it doesn't really matter. This is like an overview of my whole trip. 

If you have been reading my blog a while, you will know that I went to Nepal this summer. If you are a newbie, I spent three weeks there in July doing various things, including a trek to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC), a project in a poor school in a deprived which included building a perimeter wall to keep the kids safe and also teaching in the classrooms, a short stay in Chitwan National Park where we saw the effalumps (eeeeeh so cute!) and a jaunt round the major cities.

As you will have noticed these photos can be sort of split up into sections. I am sure you can see where it jumps from one place to the next. The first set of photos were taken in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. It is quite a run down city, but there are some really picturesque parts as you can see. They have an incredible culture there, so different to our own. 

Next was the 8 day long trek through the mountains which led to some AMAZING views, very sore legs and a very tired Holly. It was all worth it in the end and I am so proud of myself for achieving it. 

After the trek, we headed off to Chitwan. Look at those elephants! I couldn't not take a selfie with them. The baby one is so bloomin cute. The most amazing part of this section was the elephant safari where we sat on an elephant's back and it carted us around. As elephants are my favourite animal, just imagine the expression on my face for those two hours of my life.

Chitwan was followed by the project. I haven't included many photos here as I did a whole post on that here, but I included my favourites. The kids were just so lovely and would crowd round us every time they spotted us, it was so sweet! To them, they just thought it was incredible that people had come so far just to help them and their school. I don't think they quite understood how much work and money it actually took to make it all happen.

And finally, as a little treat for ourselves on the very last night, we stayed in the best hotel I have ever seen in my whole life. It wasn't just because I had been sleeping on a floor for days either. It actually was incredible, much better than hotels here! Look how happy I am to be going for a shower and staying in an ACTUAL BED!! Can I also just mention how baggy that t-shirt is when it started off the trip quite tight. I am going to let myself think that it was because I lost so much weight and it isn't because it is stretched. Although, it is possible because everyone did say to me when I got back that I looked thinner, not that I was that big before anyway.

I would go back to Nepal in a heartbeat if I got the chance. It is an amazing country full of amazing, kind people. I met some good friends there which I still keep in contact with over Facebook and I hope that, one day, I can go and visit them again. 

8 comments

  1. These pictures are amazing; Nepal looks so, so beautiful. I'd love to visit there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely one of the most picturesque places I have ever visited. I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic, that baby elephant is so cute as are the 2 little girls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny Scott Russell18 November 2014 at 11:22

    These are beautiful pictures and it sounds like an amazing place to visit. I've heard before how kind the people are there :) x

    Freya's Fashion Chapter | TOPSHOP GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, it was so sweet! Those girls were lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely is a great place, possibly my favourite place I have ever visited! They were some of the kindest people I have met x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Well I can recommend a visit haha x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP