Wednesday, 19 November 2014

November Birchbox First Impressions | Cosy At Home

This month's Birchbox is a real winner, with the theme being 'cosy at home' now that we are coming in to the colder month's and the dark nights are creeping in. The contents of the box I received are particularly good, aimed at achieving the perfect ultimate beauty night-in. Keep reading to find out what I got...



English Laundry Signature For Her | £60
This perfume apparently has 'rosy top notes with hints of musk', according to the information card that came with my box. I wouldn't say this is my favourite perfume when it is first sprayed but it isn't bad after a couple of hours when it has died down a little bit. I haven't actually worn this properly yet, I just sprayed it when I got the box, so I will get back to you! It is awfully expensive though so I doubt I will every be actually buying this, unless it miraculously starts smelling incredible to me.

LipGlam Natural Lanolin Lip Balm | £9.99 (full size)
I love this stuff! Because it had just come in from the cold when my box arrived, I actually couldn't get a single bit out of the tube for about a day because it seemed to have frozen solid! It is still really difficult to get out and you have to press it so hard, anyone know if it is meant to be like this or if mine has permanently frozen?! This reminds me of the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, it's a similar texture but a fraction of the price.


Lord & Berry Mini Bronzer, Sunny | £19
I really do love this bronzer. I haven't had my box for very long but I have still been wearing this every day. It is the perfect colour for my skin tone and blends so easily. Because it is matte, it is great for adding radiance without the tell-tale shimmer and adding a bit of colour to my practically dead looking face (damn you horrible Scottish winter). I think I might have to by the full size of this! The sample size of this is actually pretty decent though.

Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Hair Mask | £16
I can't say much about this yet because I haven't tried it but I have heard good things about this brand before. My hair is desperately needing something like this so there was no better month for me to receive not one but two of these! The pots are each a decent size, with probably enough for one application each. This contains argan oil, honey, amber and even crush pearls (what!) all to smooth and revamp your hair.

Montezuma's Mini Bar | £2.39 for 100g
As you can see, I couldn't even wait till I was taking the blog photos before I ate this chocolate - it was just too tempting sitting there in the box. It. Was. Delicious.

Dr Jart+ Most Moist Water Act Skin Mist | £18 (full size)
I've only used this a couple of times so I can't say I have a proper opinion on it yet but so far so good. I love that this is such a big bottle, because I am more than getting my money's worth with this alone. Again, I have heard good things about this brand but haven't ever tried anything from it before. I will write a full post on this soon when I have used it for long enough to properly decide what I think of it. The idea of this is that it boosts your skin's internal moisture levels and helps maintain a healthy appearance. Sounds good to me!

All in all, I am so pleased with this month's box! It had a good range of products in it, including a fab lifestyle item (who could say no to some chocolate) and was definitely worth the money. This is still available for purchase here on the Birchbox site.

7 comments

  1. I really like the look of the Dr Jart skin mist! This month's theme seemed really cute and would be perfect for me - I hate Scottish winters. x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, what a good idea for a theme at this time of year! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! I've nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award - head over to my blog for more information!

    ~http://lovehannahxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try out a beauty box, this looks fab! I like the look of the toner mist and the lip balm, I hope you like them :) x


    www.alwaysalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only ever tried Birchbox so I can't say much about all the others, but they are a great idea! I love them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. that content is sooo great! The hair mask sounds very interesting! Never heard of it!

    What about following each other? I would really love to keep in touch honey!
    I just followed you, would be delighted if you could return the favor!
    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for spending your precious time reading my rambles. Go ahead and leave me a little comment if you like and I will reply to any questions that you may have. Just make sure to check the 'Notify Me' button!


UP